Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
David McBrayer
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Winter Haven, FL
Votes |
I am new to rentals and I am trying to analyse a property. Help!

David McBrayer
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Winter Haven, FL
Posted May 15 2015, 18:15

Hello everyone, David here.  I am new to rental properties and I could use some advise on how you figure out if a property is going to make money or not?  I am quite sure I am missing something and I am sure what I think looks real good, might not be that good after all.

I would like to run something by everyone and see if I can get some input.  Once I see how others do it, I will be able to figure it out.  I am sure there are plenty of different ways and I am interested in hearing about them.  Then finding a private lender, partner or financing.  

Here is the property I am looking at. It is a 2bd, 2 bth condo around 1134 sq ft. It is a concrete block building built in 1984. It is well maintained and has a $230 monthly HOA fee. The property is kept in nice shape with the pool and club house located down by the private lake and has a nice view of it. Plus there is a dock with benches. The condo is centrally located and close to the local college and LegoLand. It is about 45 to an hour from Tampa or Orlando. I think I could pick up the property for about $42k to $45k. The expected rental price is around $850 to $950 a month. Taxes about $560 a year and insurance around $800 a year. The condo is in good condition and needs minimum work to get it ready.

With that information, could you do a good analysis of the property?   I said I was new to rentals and make sure I put good deals in front of lenders.  I do use a property management company for that reason.  So I better figure that in there.  See I knew I was missing something. LOL  Thank you for your help!

Next question will be on property management companies and their fee's?  What is the standard?  Thanks for your help everyone!

David

Loading replies...