• Allen, TX
Votes |
How to get earnest money back the day before closing

Rajiv Nair
  • Investor
  • Allen, TX
Posted Aug 5 2015, 15:36

Hello Folks,

I would appreciate it if I get some advice on one of our deals. We are purchasing a 240K property in Mckinney, Texas and are supposed to close the deal tmrw August 6th 2015. However, during the last walk through today we discovered more damages to the dry wall in the garage which was covered earlier by their furniture and wasn't caught by us or even the inspector and they haven't put this in the disclosure either. Apart from this issue the seller has already refused to pay the 2015 tax hike and HOA additional fees which was brought to our attention in the last minute. We have cut a lot of slack to this seller, since we wanted to make this deal happen. However, based on our recent discoveries we would have decided to walk away from the deal if the sellers won't budge and work with us on the repairs or come up with a mutually agreeable solution. Now my questions is if we can walk away and also be able to keep our earnest money, cause this was apparently not disclosed to us fully and the seller is basically trying to be unethical. Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards,

Rajiv

Loading replies...