Ari Newman
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
[Calc Review] Help me analyze this deal - BRRRR attempt #1

Ari Newman
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Jun 10 2018, 12:04

Hi,

I bought this tenant occupied property about two months ago. The current tenant is paying way below market rate and the house needs some updating. I intended to update the kitchen and bath, refinance and then rent it out. I paid cash using a HELOC on my primary residence. I've got a teaser rate of 3.25% until November and then it'll jump up to around 6.5% At this point, I'm all in for $103,500.

I've run the BRRR calc below, using vary conservative numbers for everything. If the projections are correct, the cash flow isn't where I'd like it to be but not the end of the world since I've purchased this property for my retirement portfolio.

View report (BRRRR)

I also ran the report as a quick flip using both the Flip Calc & Wholesale calc.

View report (flip) View report (wholesale)

Ultimately, the BRRR strategy will work best for me as I'd like to free up the cash to move on to the next project. However, I know that there will be opportunities to Wholesale or Quick Flip (& 1031 exchange) as the deal might not work well as a BRRRR. I'd love some feedback on my numbers (did I miss anything?) and overall strategy!

Thanks,

Ari

Loading replies...