[Calc Review] Help me analyze this 3-unit MFH

6 Replies

Hi BP-community!

Would love to get some feedback on these numbers.

FACTS

Fully occupied 3-unit MFH: 3 x 1br 1ba

Asking price $149k

Gross rent (not verified, based on the median rent in the area according to Rentometer): $2400/month

Tenants pay all utilities

Annual taxes: $3,578.26; no unknown unpaid taxes nor liens

No HoA fees

Annual insurance (guestimate): $800

2% rule: 1.66%

50% rule: $646/month 

Calculations made with the current asking price, no rehab costs, $5k closing cost. Pls see the full report below.

Thank you in advance!

View report

*This link comes directly from our calculators, based on information input by the member who posted.

@John Kutrzeba over all they look good. You are still making some good cashflow even with 20% for CapEx and repairs. Is the roof fairly old or is some ther big ticket item going out soon? Just curious. Also I would verify the rents with a property management company, realtor, craigslist, Zillow or anything you can get your hands on. I have found Rentometer to be inaccurate. About $200 higher than what I can get in my market per unit. Good luck!

Hi @Alexander Wardell !

Thanks for your input! I have no idea about the roof situation but will hopefully soon! Thanks for the tips regarding verification of all info. So far I've been blindly trusting rentometer and done very little cross checking with CL. This is exactly why I love BP!