*This link comes directly from our calculators, based on information input by the member who posted.
Hi everyone - thanks in advance for helping with the analysis. Technically a duplex but there is a studio unit in the bottom level that is currently rented for $350. Also important to note is that the owner currently lives in one of the units and is potentially willing to rent from the buyer/new owner after the sale - I'm trying to figure out the motivation there. I would need to consider seller financing here or get creative as 25% down would wipe out all my reserves.
In general, I want to make sure my numbers look accurate here because this deal could swing one way or the other very quickly.
Investor · Iowa City, IA · Member since 2017 · 137 posts · 85 votes
7y
Hi Kyle,
The numbers look good to me. You may have overestimated your expenses, but I think that is probably a good thing. Even with your conservative analysis, you are still cash flowing.
I guess just pay attention to the intangibles: current tenants, location, class of property, etc.
Seller financing would be nice, but with him living there it makes the situation a little more precarious. Obviously, get a good attorney to help you draft the seller agreement if you go that route.
Otherwise, looks like a nice buy and hold. Best of luck!