How much cash flow are you generating per month

18 Replies

I am generating around $18,000 per month, started in Atlanta and last 12+ months in Detroit market

Originally posted by @Marisa R. :

I am generating around $18,000 per month, started in Atlanta and last 12+ months in Detroit market

That's great! What are you spending per month on mortgages, insurance and taxes?

Promotion
Apartments.com
List, Screen, Lease, Get Paid, Manage.
No Better Place to Lease Your Place
Owners rely on the #1 rental site to get the best results from their rental properties.
Get Started Now

Massive difference from gross vs net

Its around $14,000 net

No mortgages against properties, all cash buys

@Marisa R.

That’s awesome! Key is “cash buys”. A lot of us are focused on leverage. I think the strategy can be taken two ways.

Cash buys are great and you don’t “need” as many doors to achieve your number...where as leveraging you try to gain more doors but it limits cash flow due to mortgages. The equity build up is great for leverage (Someone else paying your mortgages) however paid off properties create higher cash flow which can ultimately be reinvested into more cash buys.

I gross a lot more monthly but my mortgages eat a big chunk into the cash flow.

Can you tell us the breakdown of your portfolio? Are you buying SFH's, commercial, multi?

Regardless, congrats! Keep going and get as much passive income as you can!

Originally posted by @Angelo Mart :

And today is Tuesday....

Verrrry funny. I don't think two people in a thousand will understand your meanin' ;-) But, you made me laugh.

Originally posted by @Bjorn Ahlblad :

@Marisa R. good job! Nothing wrong with properties that are paid for! Especially at this time in the market.

Actually, it's best to use cash when the market is way, way down and banks aren't lending. When you tie up your funds at the top of the market, you can't take advantage of the fire sales that happen when the market corrects. That's when real wealth is made. Just referencing cycles in real estate. But, to each his own.

Originally posted by Account Closed good job! Nothing wrong with properties that are paid for! Especially at this time in the market.

Actually, it's best to use cash when the market is way, way down and banks aren't lending. When you tie up your funds at the top of the market, you can't take advantage of the fire sales that happen when the market corrects. That's when real wealth is made. Just referencing cycles in real estate. But, to each his own.

Hi Mike

I can not source finance US as I am a foreign investor. Actually I lie I can but its much higher rates, not at all attractive

You raise very good points

Originally posted by @Account Closed :
Originally posted by @Angelo Mart:

And today is Tuesday....

Verrrry funny. I don't think two people in a thousand will understand your meanin' ;-) But, you made me laugh.

Please share the joke so we can all have a laugh

Promotion
PPR Note Company
Note Investing
Diversify your portfolio and get completely passive cashflow.
All without tenants, repairs, or vacancies - in a real-estate-backed investment fund.
Here's how.
Originally posted by @Michaela G. :

24k gross , 12k net

Thats about right

I have an edge, currency play.... am a foreign investor so I can tack on 40% when bringing money home