Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Michael Galloway
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Lafayette, CA
Votes |
You don't have to look far to find a good deal!

Michael Galloway
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Lafayette, CA
Posted Mar 20 2013, 19:25

So, i just finished a project on Masefield in Pleasant Hill California. (property is listed on mls) While working on this project i spotted a dilapidated house 4 doors down on the opposite side of the street. No one home and it looks abandoned. I kept my eye on it while managing my project.

One day, i see a car pull up in the drive way. So, i immediately introduce myself, show them what i am doing, and tell them that i am interested in buying their house. Turns out it's their mom's house and she is in a care facility. They say they will check with there mom to see what she says. Several weeks go by. I have been leaving messages at the number they gave me every 3 or 4 of days. A month goes by and i hear nothing. Then...

Two days ago, around 9PM, a realtor calls me and says she represents the seller of this house on Masefield... I could hardly believe it. No response for several weeks, then Hello!

We talk price, terms, etc. She lets me represent myself which is fine with me.

Here is a picture of what it looks like, isn't she beautiful?

User Stats

Votes
Michael Galloway
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Lafayette, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Lafayette, CA
Replied Mar 20 2013, 19:30

Darn, i wanted to show you what she looks like but just realized the image up loader isn't working. so i put it on my facebook.

User Stats

Votes
Ben Leybovich
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH
Replied Mar 20 2013, 19:31

“Nothing in this world can take place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan “press on” has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
~ Calvin Coolidge
Good for you Michael. I have something cooking as well - hope to tell soon...:)

PropStream logo
PropStream
|
Sponsored
Nationwide property data Use our robust, multi-sourced data to find off-market properties and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Turner#2 Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements Contributor
  • Investor
  • Maui, HI
Votes |
Brandon Turner#2 Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements Contributor
  • Investor
  • Maui, HI
Replied Mar 20 2013, 22:46

That's awesome Michael!

And to do a picture, upload it to a photo hosting site like photobucket, get the raw html and then use this code:

[ img ]http://www.sitename.com/photo [ /img ] (without the spaces)

But congrats :)

User Stats

Votes
David Wilson
  • New York City, NY
Votes |
  • New York City, NY
Replied Mar 21 2013, 23:36

Nothing is impossible in this world. You do good work and wait for the long time at at last you bought that house. nice story.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Galloway
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Lafayette, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Lafayette, CA
Replied Mar 22 2013, 11:04

David Wilson, thank you for your comments.

User Stats

Votes
David Wilson
  • New York City, NY
Votes |
  • New York City, NY
Replied Mar 22 2013, 11:07

You welcome Michael Galloway. i like your efforts.

User Stats

Votes
Nicole Jones
  • Involved In Real Estate
  • Hunt, TX
Votes |
  • Involved In Real Estate
  • Hunt, TX
Replied Jun 4 2013, 20:38

This will be a such inspiration for those who aiming a lot in this career. We never know what will happen even the seeds that we sow will bear fruits unexpectedly.