Buy a flip house for more then 70% ARV

Buy a flip house for more then 70% ARV

Rental Property Investor · Newark, DE · Member since 2020 · 41 posts · 6 votes

A friend contacted me about a house and told me the

Purchase price : 142k

ARV: 250k because he feel it would sell for that much based off a house selling for 245k in the same neighborhood

Needs about 50k in rehab

My friend said he needs to have the place sold ASAP. I looked on Zillow and none of the houses on that street are even touching 200k. But my friend had flipped plenty of houses and says I can definitely make 20-30k profit.

I just know that the purchase price and rehab do not amount to 70% ARV. I have not done a RE deal before accept when I initially bought my house. This would be my first deal and I have been struggling to find deals. Should I pass ??

1Reply
20 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joe VilleneuvePro Member
    Plymouth, MI · Member since 2013 · 13k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    5y

    Not enough info.  Not enough final numbers.  Don't make decisions like this when you use the phrases, "...needs about $50k in rehab", or..."...my friend says (even if that friend has done this before)...".

    If you looked on Zillow and none of the houses on the same street were over $200k, compare the size of those houses to the subject house.  What are the sq ftgs?

    If your friend said houses in that neighborhood sold for $245k, where exactly was that neighborhood...how close, and what size was that house?  Just one house doesn't make an analysis...even if that house was next door.

  • Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Hi Damien, I understand, I myself also am very motivated to find a deal, but those info are not enough, I agree with JOe's comment. 

    Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.