Skip to content
Real Estate News & Current Events

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Della Pelle
Votes |
Mobile Alabama market insight

Posted Mar 15 2022, 12:00

Looking to invest in out of state rental properties. Looking at mobile Alabama and wondered if anyone else has invested in this market and has insight? 

User Stats

Votes
Connor Hubbard
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Apr 19 2022, 10:59
Quote from @Andrew Della Pelle:

Looking to invest in out of state rental properties. Looking at mobile Alabama and wondered if anyone else has invested in this market and has insight? 

I bought my first two SFR’s in Mobile 100% remote while living in Austin, TX. I’ve since moved to Mobile to house hack a duplex for my third property in Mobile. I am currently living in half of that duplex in West Mobile with my fiancé and I finally made the jump to full time real estate investor. 

I am always happy to discuss investing in Mobile!

User Stats

Votes
MIlton Monzon
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Utah/California/Connectictut
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Utah/California/Connectictut
Replied Jun 21 2022, 21:04
Quote from @Connor Hubbard:

I bought my first two SFR’s in Mobile 100% remote while living in Austin, TX. I’ve since moved to Mobile to house hack a duplex for my third property in Mobile. I am currently living in half of that duplex in West Mobile with my fiancé and I finally made the jump to full time real estate investor. 

@Connor Hubbard hope you are doing well. I’m in mobile now. You have time to link up?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Rachel Murphy
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Oct 4 2022, 12:35

How's it going for you guys in the Mobile market. We live about an hour and a half away in Milton, Florida. Our housing over here on the other side of the line has gotten crazy. Thinking about investing over in Mobile. Would love to chat with either of you.

User Stats

Votes
Joel Case
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Ocean Springs, MS
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Ocean Springs, MS
Replied Oct 4 2022, 12:37

A guy at my work who I talk to every time I see him got started in the Mobile market about 3 years ago doing fix and flips, some STR and some LTR and he has done 12 deals so far and seems to be doing well for himself.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 5 2022, 11:01

I have recently purchased a property in Mobile county that is doing great! I like this and Surrounding markets within 60 miles of the coast. Most of my experience is in Tuscaloosa, AL so if anyone is interested in the Tuscaloosa-Birmingham market I am happy to give my insight. Roll Tide! 

User Stats

Votes
Rachel Murphy
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Oct 5 2022, 12:07
Quote from @Nathan Jackson:

I have recently purchased a property in Mobile county that is doing great! I like this and Surrounding markets within 60 miles of the coast. Most of my experience is in Tuscaloosa, AL so if anyone is interested in the Tuscaloosa-Birmingham market I am happy to give my insight. Roll Tide! 

Awesome! What realtor and property management company do you use?

User Stats

Votes
Garrett Nuzzo
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Dec 3 2022, 19:51

Connor,

I am looking to invest in Mobile (my wife went to University of Alabama and she liked visiting), however we live in California. Would love to connect and hear about your experience as an out of state investor in Mobile and how your journey is progressing. 

User Stats

Votes
Connor Hubbard
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Aug 24 2023, 05:40

@MIlton Monzon @Rachel Murphy @Garrett Nuzzo
I apologize for such a delayed response.
Mobile has treated me very well over the last few years.
I have been using Revitalize Realty for property management and I cannot speak higher of them. They are professional, they are effective, the communicate well. I have nothing but the highest regard for https://www.revitalizerealty.com/

User Stats

Votes
Michael Smythe
Property Manager
#1 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Metro Detroit
Votes |
Property Manager
#1 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Metro Detroit
Replied Aug 24 2023, 07:12

@Andrew Della Pelle if you're not 100% committed to Mobile...

You might want to follow the "Deep Dive" series we're doing on our BiggerPockets blog about Metro Detroit cities, City of Detroit Neighborhoods and comparing Metro Detroit to other hotspots investors usually consider:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/member-blogs/3094/99854-deep-dive-into-metro-detroit-cities-ecorse

Our analysis is a template you can follow for any city, but doubt you'll find this much info for any other market in the US.

So, why would you invest remotely anywhere else?

How can we assist you further?

User Stats

Votes
Tory Lockett
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Sep 20 2023, 13:56
Quote from @Nathan Jackson:

Hello Nathan. MY name Tory. I am touching bases because I am currently investing in mobile Al. But would like to know more about Tuscaloosa and Birmingham area if you interested in sharing your experience in those area. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.