• Real Estate Agent
  • Washington, D.C.
Votes |
Asset Class & Market Risk With Coronavirus

Russell Brazil
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Washington, D.C.
ModeratorPosted Mar 23 2020, 20:28

Obviously we are still out a week from April 1, when most tenants rents are due for the first time since the coronavirus crisis has started, but Im curious of who believes that they will have issues, and who seems to be ok.

Like many landlords, when the crisis started, I was, as I am sure many still are, anxious about whether their tenants will be paying rent.  I took the initiative to reach out to my tenants to see who might have an issue paying the rent.  I have 13 tenants currently, and 1 expressed they might have an issue, while 12 of them are pretty good. Id describe the majority of my rentals as sort of B+ quality rentals in A- locations/markets, with a few of my rentals as A quality in B class areas.  The majorioty of my rentals are in DC suburbs, while I have some in the Charlotte suburbs. 

So Id love to get a sense across asset classes, markets types, different markets what people are experiencing.  

This isnt either a post looking to shame or promote asset classes or markets......but rather for us to pool information to get an understanding of what other people in similar asset classes and markets are experiencing.  If you see that a bunch of people are in the same asset class as you, and things dont seem so bad, maybe you can breath a sigh of relief. If other people in the same asset class as you are having problems, maybe you know keeping cash on hand then is pretty important.  Lets try to pool this information so we know how best we can each prepare. 

District Invest Group Logo

Loading replies...