Votes
Justin Larpenteur
  • Frisco, TX
Votes |
Marketing

Justin Larpenteur
  • Frisco, TX
Posted Sep 7 2015, 16:59
So I listened to the @Michael Quarles podcast on marketing and i figured I can do about $200 in marketing a month based on my current salary. I, like most, have more knowledge on wholesaling than on buy and hold deals. I have little experience with rehabbing. That may be irrelevant but I just wanted to disclose it. What would be a solid way to determine what two marketing strategies to use? I want to use two as a split test to determine what works better for me.

User Stats

Votes
Justin Larpenteur
  • Frisco, TX
Votes |
  • Frisco, TX
Replied Sep 7 2015, 17:28

@Nick Britton thanks so much! I always knew network marketing was awesome. If you were moving to an entirely new place and you wanted people to know you were a real estate investor looking for a set type of people and situations, how would you use FB and Twitter to reach out? I know there are plenty of pages directly affiliated with certain cities so that's what instantly came to mind. 

User Stats

Votes
Michael Quarles#1 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Bakersfield, CA
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Bakersfield, CA
Replied Sep 7 2015, 18:08

@Justin Larpenteur

At two hundred a month buy a set of five polo shirts that are embroidered with the phrase I BUY HOUSES buy 1000 business cards and start passing them out to everyone.   

You don't have enough to market traditionally 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Justin Larpenteur
  • Frisco, TX
Votes |
  • Frisco, TX
Replied Sep 7 2015, 19:12
Originally posted by @Michael Quarles:

@Justin Larpenteur

At two hundred a month buy a set of five polo shirts that are embroidered with the phrase I BUY HOUSES buy 1000 business cards and start passing them out to everyone.   

You don't have enough to market traditionally 

@Michael Quarles  First, thanks for taking the time to help me out. When I first learned about Real Estate Investing, i learned that there was a guy that had shirts made that had similar stuff on it but he would go ride on subways since the people who rode subways sometimes were in a situation that needed help. They would ask him what he did and then leads came from it. 

I can't wait to go get them. I know vista print is good for business cards but would you be able to recommend a specific one that you like?

User Stats

Votes
Josh DeShong
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Sep 7 2015, 22:59
Drive for dollars every day. Go around looking for run down homes in areas that are doing well. Only mail them. That's your highest ROI and lowest barrier of entry. Good Luck!

User Stats

Votes
Megan Ahern
  • Lincoln, NE
Votes |
  • Lincoln, NE
Replied Sep 8 2015, 07:10
My direct mail campaigns have been the most fruitful for me. If your on a tight budget but can spend a little more time on them then most people you can really up your conversion rate from people doing it the faster way. I would drive around you target market and pick out the ugly houses and specifically the houses that look like rentals. Take those addresses to the county records office to find out the mailing address for those properties (you don't want to send your mailer to a tenant) and write them a note on a yellow notepad saying you want to buy their house, stick it in an envelope write out the address and slap a stamp on it. Breakdown of costs: Yellow pad: $.99 Envelopes: $2.00 Stamps: about $50 for 100 stamps Closing your first deal: Priceless So you can send out 200 for around $106. It takes time but if your low on money and have the time to put in then it's a cheap way to get started. Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Bakersfield, CA
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Bakersfield, CA
Replied Sep 8 2015, 07:14

@Megan Ahern

If you call a title company like first American or fidelity they can give you for free access to the county data so you can research in comfort.  

I use first Americans FASTWEB product and it's awesome.  

User Stats

Votes
Megan Ahern
  • Lincoln, NE
Votes |
  • Lincoln, NE
Replied Sep 8 2015, 10:40
Originally posted by @Michael Quarles:

@Megan Ahern

If you call a title company like first American or fidelity they can give you for free access to the county data so you can research in comfort.  

I use first Americans FASTWEB product and it's awesome.  

That's a great tip! Thank you

User Stats

Votes
Benjamin Blackburn
  • Wholesaler/ Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Wholesaler/ Investor
  • Houston, TX
Replied Jul 22 2016, 05:01

Hey @Account Closed how are things going man?

User Stats

Votes
Justin Larpenteur
  • Frisco, TX
Votes |
  • Frisco, TX
Replied Sep 10 2016, 07:58

Benjamin Blackburn I'm a home inspector now and I absolutely love it! I rarely deal with realtors and most of my work is with investors so it's a perfect environment for me. Sorry for taking so long! How are you?