What app or website do you guys use to collect rent?

2 Replies

I just purchased my first rental property and I'm not to sure what website or app would be best to collect and keep record of rent payments. I want the process to be smooth and easy for all parties.

Good morning, 

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Landlord Club!  

There are many free options.  I have been using Zillow Rental Manager for over 2 years with no issues.  The only down side with Zillow is it takes about 5 - 7 business days for the funds to be deposited into your account once collected from your tenant.  There is also another site called Zibo that is a free interest checking account that you can also use to collect rent with (free of charge, I think).  I am in the process of researching, but as you may know, switching business checking accounts takes some adjustments that can be time consuming.

I have 4 rental properties.  2 use Zillow and 2 mail in their checks.  Either way is fine by me as long as the rent it paid.  

Some other resources I use that are free of charge:

• Turbo Tenant 
  • Stessa (accounting/expense/income tracking)

Other investors rather have other paid for programs that included notices/group e-mails, etc... I have my own notices (non-legal) that I googled and personalized and I use a spreadsheet to keep track of my check register.

I learned about all these free resources by listening to the BP podcasts.  I listen to many others, but I have learned that BP really digs into the how and why investors do what they do.

Good luck!  If there is anything else you need reach out!