• Vancouver, BC
Votes |
BC First Time Investor

Alex Gallis
  • New to Real Estate
  • Vancouver, BC
Posted Jul 23 2021, 12:19

Hello BGP community! 

I am a first-time homebuyer (27 y/o) living in Vancouver, BC. My girlfriend and I are looking for our first move and have yet to come to a decision on what move we want to make I initially thought I would purchase an apartment or condo and begin renting it out, however, the numbers just don't seem to work in the places I've looked in BC (Kamloops, Kelowna, Vancouver, Victoria). My girlfriend has an architecture diploma as well as an interior design degree so we've been thinking more about having our first property be a flip property that we would live in for a few years and fix up. 

I still have so much to learn and I don't want to come here and just straight up ask for the answer. I know I still have much more research and reading to do, so what I am asking is if anyone can give me any suggestions on books to read or other resources to look at? Also, if anyone does have any suggestions for a first-time home buyer on what a good move would be with the markets right now that would end up being a bonus. We are likely looking to purchase in 1-2 years. 

Thank you, everyone. I look forward to connecting with all of you!

Alex

Loading replies...