User Stats

Votes
Sam G.
Votes |
Trio financing LLC (private lender)

Sam G.
Posted Nov 22 2022, 18:36

Has anyone ever used this company for financing? Trio financing LLC

I’m almost certain they are trying to scam, however the gentleman I spoke with on the phone was very informative. 

https://triofinancingllc.com/

User Stats

Votes
Scott Wolf
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Boca Raton, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Boca Raton, FL
Replied Nov 23 2022, 04:00

@Sam G., what makes you think they're a scam?  I've never used them, but what are the asking for that sets off alarm bells?

User Stats

Votes
Sam G.
Votes |
Replied Nov 23 2022, 04:42

Two separate but differing gmail email addresses. A bandwidth.com internet phone number, an address in a saint louis landmark with no suite number, a 5% interest rate, legal fees due at closing. 

The 5% interest rate can’t be real in this market, and they “may be going up soon” according to them. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jae Yu
Votes |
Quote from @Sam G.:

Two separate but differing gmail email addresses. A bandwidth.com internet phone number, an address in a saint louis landmark with no suite number, a 5% interest rate, legal fees due at closing. 

The 5% interest rate can’t be real in this market, and they “may be going up soon” according to them. 

User Stats

Votes
Jae Yu
Votes |
Quote from @Jae Yu:
Quote from @Sam G.:

Why don't you try to obtain the loan from them and just take it one step at a time. Don't send any money up front. However the gentleman being informative doesn't and shouldn't sway your opinion one way or the other. Good scam artists are very informative. 

User Stats

Votes
Jay Mackey
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tulsa, OK
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tulsa, OK
Replied Feb 8 2023, 18:47

I'm having the same feeling/concern. Did you ever find out any more? I see the "employees" are also members of "Conrad Lending".

User Stats

Votes
Sam G.
Votes |
Replied Feb 8 2023, 20:44
Quote from @Jay Mackey:

I'm having the same feeling/concern. Did you ever find out any more? I see the "employees" are also members of "Conrad Lending".

I sent them a tracked document and it was downloaded from Nigeria, I wouldn’t recommend sending them anything 

User Stats

Votes
Jay Mackey
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tulsa, OK
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tulsa, OK
Replied Feb 10 2023, 11:05

woah. good to know!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 17 2023, 08:57

Same company, Conrad Lending, just offered me a $500,000 business credit line under my new, (less than a year old) LLC at 5% interest. Gave them very little information and was approved if I pay $1980.50 in legal fees to close the loan. Red flags couldn't be any larger here. Stay away.

User Stats

Votes
Noah P Bonds
Pro Member
  • Boise, ID
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Boise, ID
Replied Jun 26 2023, 17:37

They're absolutely a scam. They will try to have you pay up front for loan fees. They're also linked to another company called Ruggles Financial Consulting LLC. I spoke on the phone with a person who sounded like a normal loan officer should sound. Said all the right things... Claimed their rates were low because they just started their lending business and wanted to get some business in the door. I spotted some questionable financials and called them out on it. No reply. They went silent after that. I reported them to the FTC and put alerts on all my accounts. Be safe out there!

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Replied Jun 26 2023, 17:57
Quote from @Noah P Bonds:

They're absolutely a scam. They will try to have you pay up front for loan fees. They're also linked to another company called Ruggles Financial Consulting LLC. I spoke on the phone with a person who sounded like a normal loan officer should sound. Said all the right things... Claimed their rates were low because they just started their lending business and wanted to get some business in the door. I spotted some questionable financials and called them out on it. No reply. They went silent after that. I reported them to the FTC and put alerts on all my accounts. Be safe out there!

good job.. any lender who says they have 5% money in todays market is just not real and is a scam full stop.. we can get 5% with a fidelity account why would any one risk a real estate loan for 5%.. at least an investor loan.. I know owner occ's can get into the 5's with buy downs today.

User Stats

Votes
Zach Edelman
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jun 26 2023, 21:14

Have previously not heard of them. Checkout their reviews online. Usually a solid indicator. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 17 2023, 21:21
Quote from @Sam G.:
Quote from @Jay Mackey:

I sent them a tracked document and it was downloaded from Nigeria, I wouldn’t recommend sending them anything 

How did you do that?