Skip to content
Ask About A Real Estate Company

User Stats

Votes
Michael G.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Brooklyn, NY
Votes |
BPers in Philadelphia : Anyone know NRIA : National Realty Investment Advisors LLC - NY/NJ/ Philadelphia Area ?

Michael G.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Brooklyn, NY
Posted Dec 18 2013, 10:21

Hi BigPocketers

I wanted to ask about a company I recently came across called "National Realty Investment Advisors LLC - www . NRIA . net"

They appear to be based in Secaucus NJ and have been advertising very heavily lately in the NY area (radio mostly). I have no direct experience with them and want to stress that my questions about them are merely based on personal opinion/curiosity (I am not making any statements about them)

But they strike me as using 'aggressive sales tactics' and they don't appear to be (as far as I can tell based on their website) regulated, licensed or registered in any way, which, if I understand correctly, means no accountability to anyone for anything. (If they were, wouldn't they advertise this on their website?)

They don't appear to be "licensed, registered realtors" or "licensed/registered investment advisors" so what are they exactly?

They apparently raise money for new construction housing developments, almost exclusively in Philadelphia, and then offer "rent guarantees" (Anything with "guarantees" makes me skeptical and always sounds, to me, like it's too good to be true.) They also claim that the opportunities are "VERY RARE" and "VERY LIMITED" [sic - The ALL CAPS are theirs]. Company is run by the "Grabato Family" of Philly according to them.

They could actually be right, and offer an amazing investment opportunity. Like I said, I have no direct experience and have sent them no money but my "spidey sense" is tingling for some weird reason with these guys...

Does anyone know anything about them?

Disclaimer: Nothing in the above constitutes an accusation or wilful disparagement...Just questions based on my observations & personal opinions.

All feedback welcomed. Thanks!

Brooklyn R.

Loading replies...