• Seattle, WA
Votes |
Memphis buy and hold investment company

Jack B.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Posted Nov 23 2014, 14:01

Hello,

I've been a RE investor for 4 years. I own three houses (two rentals and my primary residence) with a fourth under contract. I was looking to buy 2 more rentals until I saw the add on this site for Memphisbuyandhold.

The cash on cash returns are far higher, and with the cash I have on hand, I could finance 10 or more of these rentals (using a portfolio lender) with 30-50% CoC return. Heck, I could cash out of my other properties and buy 30 of these. Here in the Seattle area property is very expensive and the rents are not that great. It was largely paying cash, buying right, or timing/financing that made my rentals profitable, depending on the rental.

So even on a financed property, I am looking at the same cash flow on a Memphis house, for a fraction of the down payment on a house here. It also seems they have a tile attorney, and property manager built in, so it literally seems turnkey, some of the houses are already rented even. I have not been able to find anything bad about the company after a cursory search online so far, but wanted to see what everyone here thinks.

I could finance 10 properties in Memphis for what the DP on three cheaper greater Seattle area houses DP's are, with the same cash flow for each Memphis property as each Seattle property, and 2-3 times the CoC returns. Heck, I could pay cash for a Memphis house for what the DP on a greater Seattle area house is here. My only concerns are, I have no knowledge of this company, Memphis, or buying out of state real estate.

Loading replies...