• Rental Property Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Anderson Business Advisors

Ken Weiner
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Nov 3 2015, 22:29

I'm interested in talking to anyone that has hired Anderson Business Advisors for help with asset protection strategies.  This is the firm founded by author Clint Coons who wrote Asset Protection for Real Estate Investors.

I'd like to hear about your experiences, good or bad.  I am considering having them help with the creation of LLCs and land trusts for my buy-and-hold investment properties. They were not able to provide references due to client confidentiality.  

User Stats

Votes
Scooter Williams
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Apr 27 2023, 18:36
Quote from @Quenton Mullins:

Please note that its too early to give the Anderson group a glowing post. Either I have just wasted a lot of money or I have made one of the most wisest decisions when it comes to asset protection, access to tons of contracts, accountants and attorneys. 

I am fairly new to bigger pockets and the real estate investment world. I am a H&W Regional for Wal-mart Inc (See my Linkedin page). I travel almost every week over 6 plus states, very hard to post every other day. Hence, I am looking to generate more time for church and family! Since I am new here and really want to add value to any and all investors I come in contact with, I am willing to share my experiences with the Bigger Pockets family. This has been my experience so far;

Sr. Strategist = Seth Perlman. 

Seth's Assistant = Chance Truscott

After I paid, they sent me over my proposed structure, which included Holding LLC, Living Trust, C-corp, LLC in each state (1:1). I am willing to share these emails with anyone if you would like to see the details. This would have been very helpful in defeating my fears.

They will have all of these entities up and running before weeks end. Also, they will place my personal home in a land trust. I am keeping my fingers crossed, but so far, they have been right on time and holding to their word. 

On another note, I just visited with Jered Sturm who started our North Atlanta Real Estate Meetup. He introduced a speaker, Vincent Crane who was awesome. I offered to share all of my resources to anyone in my group that I am afforded from the Anderson group. I want to give as much as possible because I know if will add value in my relationships and professional growth in this new venture.  I welcome any words of wisdom along the way.

Thank you for sharing! Years later how did everything pan out? 

User Stats

Votes
Robert Walker
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Apr 28 2023, 11:23

@Ri Prasad. That is the correct price Anderson charges. If you are planning on buying property in other states Anderson is good in helping you streamline getting your entities and registered agent very quickly for beginners. Once your understand the process you can use Inc-file and other platforms to create your entities as well. Anderson is like an admin for your entities for compliance purposes. When you sell your property they dissolve the entity as well for a small fee. This the best part of their service in which I use often because I don't have a admin yet for my business to do these things and I have a day job. 

I'm not a fan of the bookkeeping , accounting , law services these are  additional fees as well but its very slow service. I tried them. However, you get a counselor who goes over your entire packages to help you with understanding and how to use all the services you get with the platinum service. When it comes to this type of business there is nothing cheap. Looking for the discount count service can cost you. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Sarah Kensinger
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ohio
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ohio
Replied Apr 28 2023, 11:43

You could not get a better team behind you to build the most pierce proof asset protection structure and beat the system of tax!! Not to mention all the educational materials they provide since they want to educate their clients not just do things for them!

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 11 2023, 13:26
Quote from @Quenton Mullins:

Please note that its too early to give the Anderson group a glowing post. Either I have just wasted a lot of money or I have made one of the most wisest decisions when it comes to asset protection, access to tons of contracts, accountants and attorneys. 

I am fairly new to bigger pockets and the real estate investment world. I am a H&W Regional for Wal-mart Inc (See my Linkedin page). I travel almost every week over 6 plus states, very hard to post every other day. Hence, I am looking to generate more time for church and family! Since I am new here and really want to add value to any and all investors I come in contact with, I am willing to share my experiences with the Bigger Pockets family. This has been my experience so far;

Sr. Strategist = Seth Perlman. 

Seth's Assistant = Chance Truscott

After I paid, they sent me over my proposed structure, which included Holding LLC, Living Trust, C-corp, LLC in each state (1:1). I am willing to share these emails with anyone if you would like to see the details. This would have been very helpful in defeating my fears.

They will have all of these entities up and running before weeks end. Also, they will place my personal home in a land trust. I am keeping my fingers crossed, but so far, they have been right on time and holding to their word. 

On another note, I just visited with Jered Sturm who started our North Atlanta Real Estate Meetup. He introduced a speaker, Vincent Crane who was awesome. I offered to share all of my resources to anyone in my group that I am afforded from the Anderson group. I want to give as much as possible because I know if will add value in my relationships and professional growth in this new venture.  I welcome any words of wisdom along the way.

I would like  to know more. How can we communicate? 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 10 2023, 19:02

I regret writing this bad review, BUT I HAVE TO. It has reached a boiling point, that I cannot take it anymore. As a client of 5+ years, it has just been TOO MUCH, recently. They have cost my business tens of thousands of dollars and countless wasted hours of follow ups and missed opportunities. See below.
ANDERSON BUSINESS ADVISORS has been extremely dissapointing. I have been a "TITANIUM CLIENT" for 5+ years (their highest level tier of service), and it has been an absolute NIGHTMARE for the last year or so. They have failed to renew my entities with the Secretaries of State multiple times, have billed me wrong amounts, and GREATEST OF ALL, have cost my business ~$50K in cumulative TAX PENALTIES due to negligence in filing for a tax extension, failing to walk me through my tax filings and needed payments, and failing to file an abatement promptly. They have lost many employees and the level of service and quality has been dismal. You will spend lots of time checking the quality of their work, from TAXES, to the most mundane administrative work of Registered Agent services. They can't do their job right. They have dropped the ball on me and my businesses many countless times in the last year or so. Go look elsewhere. Their "Titanium Service" does NOT mean anything, other than they would ask you to pay $10K to sign up for it. AWFUL.
They have also outsourced their TAX SERVICES and despite my constant request to expedite my tax filing so that we can apply for a CRITICAL BUSINESS LOAN TO EXPAND OUR BUSINESS, THEY SAT ON OUR TAX and BOOKEEPING files for 7 months. We only just started to file 2022 taxes in August! Unbelievable! We STILL have not received our construction loan from our bank because of this DELAY in tax filings!
We have 8 business entities availing of their services, and as "advisors", they should make business life easier -- not add more work on your plate --- but instead, my team and I have been checking for mistakes, or following up on action items, missed deadlines, and paying penalties to the IRS and Secretaries of State due to their negligence. As an entrepreneur, you should be focused on running and growing your business, not constantly worrying about and following up on your "business advisor". It is a sham. Anderson does NOT make life easier for you. They DO NOT HAVE YOUR BACK. They do not care. Their leadership does not even care to follow up or give a courtesy call. I've sent so many follow-ups, and the issues remain.
Believe me - as a "Titanium Client" for 5 years - I have used ALL of their services, and I KNOW first-hand how Anderson's service has, SADLY, deteriorated. I suggest that you hire someone else that really has your back. The recent consecutive mistakes have been so EGREGIOUS, that I honestly thought that it was either A SICK JOKE, or some coordinated attempt to push out some of their tenured clients. I can only guess. What I am sure of, though, is that Anderson has NEGLECTED me and my 8 entities. It has gone really, really bad.
I have yet to see how Anderson handles this now that I have written this HONEST review. I will provide an update when I hear back or have substantial resolution to my issues. Should I hold my breath?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 10 2023, 19:08

I regret writing this bad review, BUT I HAVE TO. It has reached a boiling point, that I cannot take it anymore. As a client of 5+ years, it has just been TOO MUCH, recently. They have cost my business tens of thousands of dollars and countless wasted hours of follow ups and missed opportunities. See below.
ANDERSON BUSINESS ADVISORS has been extremely dissapointing. I have been a "TITANIUM CLIENT" for 5+ years (their highest level tier of service), and it has been an absolute NIGHTMARE for the last year or so. They have failed to renew my entities with the Secretaries of State multiple times, have billed me wrong amounts, and GREATEST OF ALL, have cost my business ~$50K in cumulative TAX PENALTIES due to negligence in filing for a tax extension, failing to walk me through my tax filings and needed payments, and failing to file an abatement promptly. They have lost many employees and the level of service and quality has been dismal. You will spend lots of time checking the quality of their work, from TAXES, to the most mundane administrative work of Registered Agent services. They can't do their job right. They have dropped the ball on me and my businesses many countless times in the last year or so. Go look elsewhere. Their "Titanium Service" does NOT mean anything, other than they would ask you to pay $10K to sign up for it. AWFUL.
They have also outsourced their TAX SERVICES and despite my constant request to expedite my tax filing so that we can apply for a CRITICAL BUSINESS LOAN TO EXPAND OUR BUSINESS, THEY SAT ON OUR TAX and BOOKEEPING files for 7 months. We only just started to file 2022 taxes in August! Unbelievable! We STILL have not received our construction loan from our bank because of this DELAY in tax filings!
We have 8 business entities availing of their services, and as "advisors", they should make business life easier -- not add more work on your plate --- but instead, my team and I have been checking for mistakes, or following up on action items, missed deadlines, and paying penalties to the IRS and Secretaries of State due to their negligence. As an entrepreneur, you should be focused on running and growing your business, not constantly worrying about and following up on your "business advisor". It is a sham. Anderson does NOT make life easier for you. They DO NOT HAVE YOUR BACK. They do not care. Their leadership does not even care to follow up or give a courtesy call. I've sent so many follow-ups, and the issues remain.
Believe me - as a "Titanium Client" for 5 years - I have used ALL of their services, and I KNOW first-hand how Anderson's service has, SADLY, deteriorated. I suggest that you hire someone else that really has your back. The recent consecutive mistakes have been so EGREGIOUS, that I honestly thought that it was either A SICK JOKE, or some coordinated attempt to push out some of their tenured clients. I can only guess. What I am sure of, though, is that Anderson has NEGLECTED me and my 8 entities. It has gone really, really bad.
I have yet to see how Anderson handles this now that I have written this HONEST review. I will provide an update when I hear back or have substantial resolution to my issues. Should I hold my breath?

User Stats

Votes
Slavik Lund
  • Lender
  • Anchorage, AK
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Anchorage, AK
Replied Dec 4 2023, 22:31

Im about to drop 10k tomorrow on this investment and ya'll leave me on this cliff hanger?!?! 

User Stats

Votes
Sarah Kensinger
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ohio
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ohio
Replied Dec 5 2023, 06:47
Quote from @Slavik Lund:

Im about to drop 10k tomorrow on this investment and ya'll leave me on this cliff hanger?!?! 

We're members and love having Anderson Advisors in our back pocket so to speak! If you want to chat just DM me. 

As for the cliff hanger I'm curious to hear Anderson Advisors side. From this story it seems like the poster didn't sign up for the tax service before the deadline or stopped paying the fees, so their services were dropped. I'm rather confused on all the employees leaving statement! They just hired a boatload of new people and restructured a few of their services, so members won't have long delay response times anymore. Over the last year of so they have grown greatly in clients, so they were a bit overloaded until recently. Outsourcing their tax services is a new one! I think the poster needs to make sure all the facts are in line with their emotions, and I would suggest adding a profile picture, so it seems more real and not a get back situation. 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Dec 5 2023, 08:12
Quote from @Sarah Kensinger:
Quote from @Slavik Lund:

We're members and love having Anderson Advisors in our back pocket so to speak! If you want to chat just DM me. 

As for the cliff hanger I'm curious to hear Anderson Advisors side. From this story it seems like the poster didn't sign up for the tax service before the deadline or stopped paying the fees, so their services were dropped. I'm rather confused on all the employees leaving statement! They just hired a boatload of new people and restructured a few of their services, so members won't have long delay response times anymore. Over the last year of so they have grown greatly in clients, so they were a bit overloaded until recently. Outsourcing their tax services is a new one! I think the poster needs to make sure all the facts are in line with their emotions, and I would suggest adding a profile picture, so it seems more real and not a get back situation. 

When a people leave and they have to hire a "boatload" of new people that's a sign. People should avoid this company. Let them prove the critics wrong. If a company has to use paid shills there is a sign as well. 

User Stats

Votes
Sarah Kensinger
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ohio
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ohio
Replied Dec 5 2023, 08:18
Quote from @Nate Marshall:
Quote from @Slavik Lund:

When a people leave and they have to hire a "boatload" of new people that's a sign. People should avoid this company. Let them prove the critics wrong. If a company has to use paid shills there is a sign as well. 

That's the point, people didn't leave in huge numbers, and actually more clients joined so they hired a bunch more employees. They're definitely proving what type of a company they are, for those that care to unbiasedly learn. I've never heard of them using a paid shill but maybe they have. Everything was outlined to us in black and white before we signed up and paid the membership, and they have come through to a T.

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Dec 5 2023, 09:33
Quote from @Slavik Lund:

That's the point, people didn't leave in huge numbers, and actually more clients joined so they hired a bunch more employees. They're definitely proving what type of a company they are, for those that care to unbiasedly learn. I've never heard of them using a paid shill but maybe they have. Everything was outlined to us in black and white before we signed up and paid the membership, and they have come through to a T.

Ok shill! 

User Stats

Votes
Sarah Kensinger
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ohio
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ohio
Replied Dec 5 2023, 10:58
Quote from @Slavik Lund:

Ok shill! 

Notice my business LLC at the bottom of this post....set up by Anderson Advisors.
Several entities set up for holding real estate....set up by Anderson Advisors.
Business attorneys on call whenever I need answers....Anderson Advisors.
Bookkeepers for said business listed below.....Anderson Advisors.

Should I continue on?

If you can't already string the bits together, I have paid ALOT of money to Anderson Advisors and they have fulfilled everything I requested done. Yet I have not received ONE penny from Anderson Advisors!!

I have seen many assumptions made by others on this platform, but this one takes the cake to the fullest! And if you're trying to be this way to keep your metrics up, you can read through some of my other posts to see my option on how low down that is. This assumption was completely uncalled for, and I feel for those that have a need to run down companies and successful people. The number one contributors on these forums never cease to amaze me and I really wish Biggerpockets would get rid of the top five rankings!

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Dec 5 2023, 13:17
Quote from @Slavik Lund:

Ok shill! 

Notice my business LLC at the bottom of this post....set up by Anderson Advisors.
Several entities set up for holding real estate....set up by Anderson Advisors.
Business attorneys on call whenever I need answers....Anderson Advisors.
Bookkeepers for said business listed below.....Anderson Advisors.

Should I continue on?

If you can't already string the bits together, I have paid ALOT of money to Anderson Advisors and they have fulfilled everything I requested done. Yet I have not received ONE penny from Anderson Advisors!!

I have seen many assumptions made by others on this platform, but this one takes the cake to the fullest! And if you're trying to be this way to keep your metrics up, you can read through some of my other posts to see my option on how low down that is. This assumption was completely uncalled for, and I feel for those that have a need to run down companies and successful people. The number one contributors on these forums never cease to amaze me and I really wish Biggerpockets would get rid of the top five rankings!

I wish they would get rid of shills. 

User Stats

Votes
Jerry W.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Thermopolis, WY
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Thermopolis, WY
ModeratorReplied Dec 8 2023, 20:56

@Spencer Douglas, so my first advice is always to try to work the problem out.  If that does not work and they were the cause of you losing money you can always sue them another method is to file a formal grievance with the state Bar in your state and the state where they operate.  Lawyers are held to high degree of care in how the handle the business of clients.  If they fail to file things on time they are often punished by their state BAR association if it is proven.  If you paid them, asked for them to file, and failed to do do it timely you would likely have a very good case.  The bar can also order them to pay restitution to you.  This should never be the first step.  Document trying to work with them, and all conversation oral and written.  I know some folks like @Sarah Kensinger have given good reports, but in the over 10 years I have been on here most comments on Anderson were negative.  They are probably good at what they do, but took on too many clients.  There prices are massively beyond what I see many competent attorney's charge, but that is what you apparently agreed to.  It is unfortunately common for attorneys to take on more than they can handle.  Getting new attorneys up to speed takes time and not all new hires work out.  While their online marketing would not have been legal when I started practicing, it is perfectly legal now.  I don't know what to tell you except if you file with the BAR association they do take it seriously, but the case will be decided on the facts, and my experience is they are usually fair.

User Stats

Votes
Sarah Kensinger
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ohio
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Ohio
Replied Dec 9 2023, 07:57
Quote from @Jerry W.:

@Spencer Douglas, so my first advice is always to try to work the problem out.  If that does not work and they were the cause of you losing money you can always sue them another method is to file a formal grievance with the state Bar in your state and the state where they operate.  Lawyers are held to high degree of care in how the handle the business of clients.  If they fail to file things on time they are often punished by their state BAR association if it is proven.  If you paid them, asked for them to file, and failed to do do it timely you would likely have a very good case.  The bar can also order them to pay restitution to you.  This should never be the first step.  Document trying to work with them, and all conversation oral and written.  I know some folks like @Sarah Kensinger have given good reports, but in the over 10 years I have been on here most comments on Anderson were negative.  They are probably good at what they do, but took on too many clients.  There prices are massively beyond what I see many competent attorney's charge, but that is what you apparently agreed to.  It is unfortunately common for attorneys to take on more than they can handle.  Getting new attorneys up to speed takes time and not all new hires work out.  While their online marketing would not have been legal when I started practicing, it is perfectly legal now.  I don't know what to tell you except if you file with the BAR association they do take it seriously, but the case will be decided on the facts, and my experience is they are usually fair.

The prices are very reasonable! Our startup fee was only a couple thousand and that included setting up an entity and a bunch of other things. We did get some benefits because we did a virtual webinar, but the startup cost for a lifetime membership isn't bad. We pay $55 a month for unlimited access to an attorney, CPA, and a bunch of other benefits. Including looking at any type of contracts, educational materials, access to hundreds of contracts, and numerous other items. I know new clients are paying more like $75 a month, but it still beats the $350 an hour that most charge. Some topics are bit taboo on here and unfortunately, negative always takes off a whole lot quicker than positive. 

So for those interested there's a bit of a breakdown of the cost. If you would like Anderson Advisors to do some corporate work for you, like mail, telephone, office space, keep up with requirements, etc., that's an extra yearly fee. Bookkeeping services and tax services are two separate packages. For some people like us with a STR company, their bookkeeping services wouldn't make sense. We have used it for the past year because that was one of our bonuses, but don't plan to continue that service. So those two options are completely separate and up to your choosing. Of course if we're setting up a new entity, there's a flat rate for that with your state filing fees. Titanium members don't have to pay some of the fees for setting up entities that platinum members would, so that's a little different.

User Stats

Votes
Michele Shima
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Mar 19 2024, 20:53

@kelly 

@Kelly Custer I've been on the fence with Anderson Business Advisors for a few years now. I'm curious to know if you have any positive/negative updates, and if you found a more reasonable asset protection company to use?

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Mar 20 2024, 08:55
Quote from @Michele Shima:

@kelly 

@Kelly Custer I've been on the fence with Anderson Business Advisors for a few years now. I'm curious to know if you have any positive/negative updates, and if you found a more reasonable asset protection company to use?

Wyoming Company 

Wyoming Company out of Cheyenne. I have 45 LLC's, 3 trusts and all that. WY. SD. AK.