Skip to content
Ask About A Real Estate Company

User Stats

Votes
Neeraj S.
  • Gibbsboro, NJ
Votes |
Anyone going to attend Phila REIA meet on 1/30?

Neeraj S.
  • Gibbsboro, NJ
Posted Jan 28 2016, 19:22

Hello fellow BPers. Is anyone from the Philly area planning to attend the Philadelphia REIA event on 1/30?

This will be my first event of this kind and would love to network with fellow BPers there.

Thanks,

Raj

User Stats

Votes
Igor Avratiner
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Jan 28 2016, 19:25

Can you share info about where and when the event will be?

Thanks! 

User Stats

Votes
Neeraj S.
  • Gibbsboro, NJ
Votes |
  • Gibbsboro, NJ
Replied Jan 28 2016, 20:06

@Igor Avratiner here is the link to the event

http://www.meetup.com/Philadelphia-Real-Estate-Investors-Association/events/226912813/

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
James Brand
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Jan 29 2016, 04:34

Hey @Neeraj S. 

I expect there will be some useful RE information/learning to be had there, however prepare yourself for the pitching of classes, training, and mentoring for a price. Looks like a fairly typical guru seminar. If you are not familiar with these, arm yourself by reading through the BP link below:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2011/04/0...

Good Luck!

-James

User Stats

Votes
Donnell Evans
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Jan 29 2016, 06:33

I'm still not 100% sure if I'm going. My 2 partners are going to be there, Tiffany and David.

User Stats

Votes
Neeraj S.
  • Gibbsboro, NJ
Votes |
  • Gibbsboro, NJ
Replied Jan 29 2016, 08:09
Originally posted by @James Brand:

Hey @Neeraj S. 

I expect there will be some useful RE information/learning to be had there, however prepare yourself for the pitching of classes, training, and mentoring for a price. Looks like a fairly typical guru seminar. If you are not familiar with these, arm yourself by reading through the BP link below:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2011/04/0...

Good Luck!

-James

Thanks for sharing the link @james brand. I am fairly new to the game so trying to learn as much as possible.  This article definitely gives me a good idea now on which red flags to keep an eye on tomorrow! 

Appreciate it...

User Stats

Votes
Neeraj S.
  • Gibbsboro, NJ
Votes |
  • Gibbsboro, NJ
Replied Jan 29 2016, 08:10
Originally posted by @Donnell Evans:

I'm still not 100% sure if I'm going. My 2 partners are going to be there, Tiffany and David.

@Donnell Evans , OK will see if I can meet them!

User Stats

Votes
Angelina LazoStefanini
  • wyndmoor, pa
Votes |
  • wyndmoor, pa
Replied Jan 29 2016, 08:40

i'm just curious, i've been following this topic. i had considered going to this meeting not long ago but i really don't like sleazy types and guru types. i have a few rentals and i'd like to meet other landlord and down to earth folks. my question for the people who are commenting on this meeting is... have you actually been and know that this is what it is like or are you just making a general assumption and putting out a general word of caution?

Angelina.

User Stats

Votes
James Brand
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Feb 5 2016, 07:28

I have attended events similar to this in the past, and while there is information and learning to be had, it all seems to be coupled with some type of program or mentoring. I think at its core BP was created so that people interested in REI had a place to go learn and ask questions without being roped into something more costly. I actually think attending a meeting such as this can be a very enlightening, and even an inspiring experience. However, not for the support of the sponsor or "professionals" running the show. You see how other people are manipulated or convinced that joining XYZ program will make them an outrageously successful investor in no time. I expect most people on BP will see right through all the bells and whistles to what the events really are, a sales pitch. Just my $.02 though.