Morris Invest Turnkey as a way to invest

5 Replies

Hi everyone! Has anyone had any experience with Morris Invest? It is a turnkey company founded by Clayton Morris who is a former Fox News Anchor. His company purchases properties, rehabs them and then has a company to manage them for investors. From what I see an investor would need to fully purchase the property (say around 40K) but at times will cash out refinance later on to pull out their cash. I would like some opinions on this type of investing. Thanks. 

Originally posted by @Daniel Rutledge :

Hi everyone! Has anyone had any experience with Morris Invest? It is a turnkey company founded by Clayton Morris who is a former Fox News Anchor. His company purchases properties, rehabs them and then has a company to manage them for investors. From what I see an investor would need to fully purchase the property (say around 40K) but at times will cash out refinance later on to pull out their cash. I would like some opinions on this type of investing. Thanks. 

I do not know too much about them, but I always suggest doing your research! Make sure the neighborhood is something you like and the market is one where you see promise!

Also, be sure they are a TRUE turnkey company. Ideally, they will own, renovate, AND manage the property all in-house. If they are using third parties (such as an outside management company) than it is not really turnkey. They are just selling you a home at that point I believe. 

Try looking at:

The Best Types of Markets for Profitable Turnkey Properties

and

What to Ask When Working With a Turnkey Provider

Thanks @Tom Ott for the reply. I follow his podcast and he has been on Bigger Pockets podcast twice I believe but I have yet to call and talk with them. Hopefully someone on here has some experience with his company or similar to give additional feedback. Essentially I will either invest in my local market or work with his company but have yet to make that decision. Thanks again for the reply.

@Daniel Rutledge You should do a search for Morris Invest here on BP.  There are multiple and extensive threads on this company and investor experience.  I will say that I don't believe they are the real company behind the properties or the property management.  That is Ocean Pointe.  MI is just a marketing company.

Thanks for the replies. I've been going through some other threads where people have used them and the feedback is mixed. I thought I would dig in further after a recent podcast of his where he had an investor on. She had not gotten a tenant yet after the rehab as of the podcast and it had been a couple of months. Homes in my area rent much quicker but will cost more for anything over a war zone property.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here