Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Market Trends & Data
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
David Hull
Votes |
Q4 R.E // Looking to meet realtors/ agents

David Hull
Posted Sep 21 2022, 05:41

Georgia/ Ohio/ PA/ NC/ Alabama/ AZ/ CA/ Vegas

These are all areas I’m looking at for this years prop opportunity. Looking to put down 20% down on a $100 - $200K.

Is anyone familiar with investing in these areas? I’ve already got CA covered. Does any realtors or agents have any knowledge about specific counties/ and or areas where you’re starting to see a certain shift?

Interested in connecting with potential realtors and agents to discuss future projection and opportunities when that time is ready. Def all ears! Appreciate the support.

User Stats

Votes
Remington Lyman
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Sep 21 2022, 07:45
Quote from @David Hull:

These are all areas I’m looking at for this years prop opportunity. Looking to put down 20% down on a $100 - $200K.

Is anyone familiar with investing in these areas? I’ve already got CA covered. Does any realtors or agents have any knowledge about specific counties/ and or areas where you’re starting to see a certain shift?

Interested in connecting with potential realtors and agents to discuss future projection and opportunities when that time is ready. Def all ears! Appreciate the support.

I am an investor here in Ohio. I would be happy to connect with you!

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Drury
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH & Cleveland OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH & Cleveland OH
Replied Sep 21 2022, 08:49

@David Hull
In terms of Ohio, I would definitely recommend Columbus OH. It's a solid hybrid market of cash flow and appreciation. Columbus has lots of job opportunities and population growth

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Goldsmith
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Sep 21 2022, 10:53

I am local to Ohio so that is where I do. I would start to narrow in on a few specific markets because even in the same state, markets can be drastically different. @David Hull

User Stats

Votes
David Hull
Votes |
Replied Sep 21 2022, 15:19
Quote from @Patrick Drury:

@David Hull
In terms of Ohio, I would definitely recommend Columbus OH. It's a solid hybrid market of cash flow and appreciation. Columbus has lots of job opportunities and population growth

Awesome, I appreciate the heads up! I do like some of the opportunities I’m seeing there. 

User Stats

Votes
David Hull
Votes |
Replied Sep 21 2022, 15:21
Quote from @Brandon Goldsmith:

I am local to Ohio so that is where I do. I would start to narrow in on a few specific markets because even in the same state, markets can be drastically different. @David Hull

Very sound advice! I appreciate it. 

User Stats

Votes
Simon Ashbaugh#4 Land & New Construction Contributor
  • Realtor
  • Columbus Ohio, Cleveland Ohio
Votes |
Simon Ashbaugh#4 Land & New Construction Contributor
  • Realtor
  • Columbus Ohio, Cleveland Ohio
Replied Sep 22 2022, 12:03

In Ohio id recommend checking out Columbus and Cleveland to start. Columbus has a higher entry price and trades some cashflow for great appreciation, though, it still cashflows well. Cleveland is a cashflow-based market. Lots of very high cash flowing deals and a lower price point. Feel free to reach out if you'd like any more info!

User Stats

Votes
Caleb Brown
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Blue Springs
Votes |
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Blue Springs
Replied Sep 22 2022, 12:28

Happy to chat on KC. I know you didn't mention it but it's a great area. 100-200K is easy to find

User Stats

Votes
Shane Kelly
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Sep 23 2022, 07:05

I'm based in Cleveland and know most of Cuyahoga county pretty well. I'm happy to help with whatever questions you may have here. Feel free to reach out!

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Janus
Agent
  • Realtor
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Realtor
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Sep 23 2022, 07:57
Quote from @David Hull:

Columbus, Ohio is a great market to invest in. The population has been growing here year over year over the last decade, it is home to The Ohio State University which has over 50,000 students that live here along with those that visit, and it also holds a diverse range of young professionals and traveling nurses to fill the demand of the multiple business corporations and hospitals stationed here. The appreciation rate in Columbus has been 8% higher than the national average over the last year. Tech companies are continuously moving here and establishing a footprint in Columbus as well. Intel is a great example, who is building the largest chip manufacturing plant in the US right here, and it will be a $20 billion dollar investment that brings a few new thousand jobs.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/business/2022/01/21/intel-ohio-building-computer-chip-factories-licking-county-jersey-township/9173472002/

Another example of economic growth is the upcoming Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Inpatient Hospital which is a 1.9million square foot hospital that will bring over 800 new beds and a thousand new jobs.

https://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/new-osu-hospital-expected-to-transform-health-care

Here are a few more recent investments

https://www.10tv.com/article/money/business/hydrogen-power-company-hyperion-bringing-700-jobs-to-columbus/530-25907aab-5517-4661-a9f3-d2ed2d5be6b0

https://news.wosu.org/news/2022-02-08/rumpke-to-build-50-million-recycling-facility-in-columbus

Check out The Complete Guide to the Columbus, Ohio Real Estate Market which goes through the Columbus, Ohio market in depth and will give you a better scope of where the highest levels of growth are taking place and where to look to invest.

User Stats

Votes
James Wise#1 Out of State Investing Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Votes |
James Wise#1 Out of State Investing Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Replied Sep 23 2022, 08:33
Quote from @David Hull:

Welcome aboard playa playa

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Murrell
  • Lender
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Las Vegas, NV
Replied Oct 4 2022, 09:20
Quote from @David Hull:

Hi Dave,

I live and work in Las Vegas. As of right now, there are VERY few, if any homes in Vegas in the price point at $100-$200k. I am not an agent, I am in the mortgage business. Let me know how I can help or answers any questions in terms of financing properties here in Nevada.