Medium-Term Rentals

User Stats

Votes
Linda Pham
Votes |
Houston Midterm Rentals

Linda Pham
Posted Jan 30 2024, 10:45

I am new to all of this and would like some insight about the Houston Metro area for midterm rental. Does anyone have a midterm rental in Houston? If you do I would love to connect with you. Do you think Houston is a good place to invest in?

User Stats

Votes
James Carlson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Denver CO | Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Denver CO | Colorado Springs, CO
Replied Jan 30 2024, 15:14

@Linda Pham

All our midterm rentals are in Colorado as are our clients, so I don't know Houston's market. That said ... 

Most any major metro area is going to have good demand for medium-term rentals. We do well with ours in Denver and Colorado Springs, for instance. Only thing I'd say is that I've seen a slight tightening of the market as more people hear about the model. All that means is you've got bring your best to all aspects of the property and the listing itself -- location, furnishings, photography, heck, even the listing headline all matter a lot.

At the risk of pitching here, my wife's YouTube is filled with a ton of great MTR content on setting up a listing. Her name is @Erin Spradlin. Easy enough to find her. Cheers!

User Stats

Votes
Carla Gordon
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston, TX
Replied Jan 30 2024, 17:53

Hi Linda, I have a STR complex in Houston that has been consistently booked. Although most of my stays are <7 days, I've had a few longer stays (business travelers and a family that was going through a full home remodel). There's definitely a market for MTR here in Houston, particularly with the Texas Medical Center here along with other major businesses. Location will be key in your success!

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Brian Schroeder
  • Realtor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Houston, TX
Replied Jan 31 2024, 04:07

Echoing a lot of what Carla Gordon shared, MTRs perform exceptionally well in the Texas Medical Center, particularly among operators engaging travel nurses.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Thomas
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Jan 31 2024, 08:03

Houston's got a lively mid-term rental scene, great for folks staying a few months. Medical pros, job relocators, and digital nomads are looking for comfy pads.Join online groups like Furnished Finder, Nomad List, or local Facebook groups. There are plenty of Houstonians renting out their places. Houston's diverse, and the real estate market is buzzing.Check your budget, how much risk you can handle, and what you want from the investment.Montrose, The Heights, Eado, and Museum District are buzzin' with mid-term rental potential.Research the neighborhoods, check the rates, and do the math on costs before diving in.

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Deal#1 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Lender
Votes |
Zachary Deal#1 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Lender
Replied Jan 31 2024, 08:26

Hi Linda,

Lots of great advice from @Carla Gordon @Brian Schroeder @Jay ThomasSpecifically I think it's always smart to check out FF Traveler sear https://www.furnishedfinder.com/housing/New-York/New-York) and Airbnb/VRBO for 30+ days stays to gauge what sort of similar properties are currently out there!

Good luck!