• Rental Property Investor
  • SAN DIEGO
Votes |
Creating a system around getting leads

Dom Battezzato
  • SAN DIEGO
Posted Sep 19 2022, 14:41

Very few investors succeed by cold calling, sending direct mailers, doing PPC, and other outbound strategies. And the ones that succeed, when I talk to them they are unhappy with how much time/money it takes even tho, they are successful in it. Why? Because this approach to building a business is exhausting and a complete needle in a haystack approach, success doesn't change that. They basically bought themselves another job. 

So my advice to new investors, set up a system so sellers can find you when they become motivated to sell their property. The best strategy and one that has worked for us for the past 7+ years is a website ranking high on google. Many people think this is expensive, but that's a common misconception. We haven't paid for a lead since we got our website up. We make sure that our website is converting 80 + percent of traffic. By doing this google will push your website higher in the rankings so even more motivated sellers can find you. For instance, we get 4-14 highly motivated seller leads per day. Just thought id rant on here because I hate to see investors spin their wheels on inbound approaches. 

User Stats

Votes
Linda May Wacker
Pro Member
  • Portland, OR
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Portland, OR
Replied Oct 2 2022, 21:44

Thanks for sharing this!  I'm not hearing investors talk about websites nearly as much as how to get leads via subscription platforms. Can you talk a little about how you designed/built your site to make it attractive and visible?

User Stats

Votes
Dom Battezzato
  • SAN DIEGO
Votes |
  • SAN DIEGO
Replied Oct 3 2022, 11:25

Hey Linda, 

You want to build a website through the eyes of a motivated seller. You want to appear credible and a person they would like to do business with, ie. have informal pictures of yourself on your website. People want to see who they are doing business with. You also want to have a clear message on what you do nd how you do it 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes