Lease option, sandwich lease - assignment fee at closing, to overcome seasoning issues?

Lease option, sandwich lease - assignment fee at closing, to overcome seasoning issues?

SFR Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2010 · 44 posts · 7 votes

Lease option, sandwich lease - assignment at closing, to overcome seasoning issues?

I'm wondering if it's possible to do an assignment fee at closing for a sandwhich lease option.


Scenario:

I get house under lease option for 125k option price

I find a buyer who rents to me for 1 year and does a option with me to purchase house for 150k.

Because of seasoning requirements, isn't it you have to own the property for 90 days, the buyer would have an issue if i did a simultaneous closing. That said could I assign the contract to the buyer for 50k and that show up on the closing HUD1?

To me that would be the easiest way.

0Reply
6 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.