Where are the wholesalers?

12 Replies

Hi all! I'm in the marketing department of a real estate investment company (turnkey properties), so my forte is more copywriting, social media campaigns, and marketing collateral design. But recently the president of the company has informed us (the marketing department) we need to find wholesalers...so my questions is--where the heck do you find wholesalers? I apologize if this is a dumb question. I see lots of discussions on here from wholesalers and warnings about them, but where does one go to hire them?

I've already posted in the marketplace that we're seeking wholesalers, but is there an obvious site or method to finding them? Thank you, thank you, thank you from this newbie.

I am sure if you go to your local REI group, Google or Craigslist you will find plenty of them. They are as infinite as the stars. I think the REAL question here is how does one find GOOD wholesalers. The answer to that is just to ask around. If you ask enough people you will start to hear the same names over and over again. Those guys are the good guys.

Hope this helps, Wayne

Definitely network with local investors..At our local monthly meeting, there's always deals on the table..

Thank you Wayne and Rolanda. Just joined a local investor group. :)

Originally posted by @Maura Scott :

Hi all! I'm in the marketing department of a real estate investment company (turnkey properties), so my forte is more copywriting, social media campaigns, and marketing collateral design. But recently the president of the company has informed us (the marketing department) we need to find wholesalers...so my questions is--where the heck do you find wholesalers? I apologize if this is a dumb question. I see lots of discussions on here from wholesalers and warnings about them, but where does one go to hire them?

I've already posted in the marketplace that we're seeking wholesalers, but is there an obvious site or method to finding them? Thank you, thank you, thank you from this newbie.

[Solicitation Removed]

As far as finding wholesalers check out the REIA in your area. Also feel free to jump on craigslist and search "We buy houses" The vast majority of the people that will come up are wholesalers who likely have properties under contract.

Originally posted by @Maura Scott :

@Mike Simmons

This post has been removed.

When you find anyone that says they are a wholesaler, ask them to put you on their CASH BUYER LIST so you get emails whenever they find properties.  As you seek to get more and more of them to put YOU on their distribution list, you will begin to see who is actually sending you emails with wholesale deals.  You'll find, it's only about 10% of the people that TELL you they are wholesalers.  Perhaps they are.  But wholesalers who don't do marketing and don't find deals are just wishful thinkers.  You want the 10% - assuming you are looking for REAL ESTATE.

If your boss wants to sell some other information or service to anyone who fancies themselves to be a wholesaler, then I agree you can go to the REIA meetings, etc. But most people at the REIA meetings around here have never bought a house. It is a good group to buy training and other services.

This post has been removed.

Hi Maura,

I partner with the largest wholesaler in the South East US. We have a $25k marketing budget, and we are direct to the seller. Wholesalers are a dime a dozen...a "good" wholesaler is hard to come by...and there is a difference. Not trying to toot my own horn, but "beep, beep"! I am willing to answer any questions you might have-no obligation to do for me, or purchase anything from me.

I pride myself on personal and professional integrity. I was raised back when "yes ma'am" was still popular (in my opinion, it still is). Right now, I have approx 60 properties right now, and are getting in 15-25 new properties weekly. If I can assist you in any way, please let me know. 

My experience here in SW Michigan is this:

- there are no true wholesalers in this area that produce enough volume that they can be considered a real source

- if you want deals you'll need to market for them yourself; the others are keeping their leads to maintain their own business

- I've heard from a few pretenders claiming they're wholesaling- make sure you check up on their claims, see if the properties are already listed, etc. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.