PO Box or Personal Mailbox

20 Replies

I typically use my PO box.   I tend not to use my personal address.   It may be a turn off to some people but i like to keep my business seperate.   

Medium bannerfans 19631991  1 Gerald Harris, Vacant Land 54 | [email protected] | 704‑996‑6472 | http://land54.com

To the best of my knowledge, it looks like an actual address versus saying "PO Box ###".

Originally posted by @Jeremy T. :

To the best of my knowledge, it looks like an actual address versus saying "PO Box ###".

You can do the same thing with a PO box.  It's called "street addressing".  You basically just use the address for the post office followed by your box number (i.e. 1234 Main St #987).

I know that we used my business partners address on ours. It seems less "sketchy" if you ask me. 

Medium head icon colorRyan Dossey, Call Porter | http://Callporter.com

I think a P.O Box is definitely the way to go. You can use the street address just like  you can if you have a UPS Store box.

Originally posted by @Kyle J. :
Originally posted by @Jeremy T.:

You can do the same thing with a PO box.  It's called "street addressing".  You basically just use the address for the post office followed by your box number (i.e. 1234 Main St #987).

Nice.  I had no idea...thanks for the tip.

I like the idea of using a street address instead of a P.O. box.  Also, I don't like the idea of using my personal address.  Having said that, I've done wholesaling for years and I've always used my personal address.  I've never had any issues or weirdos coming to my house.  I guess I was maybe lucky with that.  But I do think that I'd prefer not to use my personal address.

I just opened up a PMB at my local UPS Store. I did come across a couple of resources who said that the look of PO boxes could be detrimental to your leads.

So with my return address, I can put Suite XXX, which "looks" better.

@Kyle J.  You can do the same thing with a PO box. It's called "street addressing". You basically just use the address for the post office followed by your box number (i.e. 1234 Main St #987).

I just verified this new service. After using a PMB for the last 4 years, I definitely will be going back to my post office starting the first of the year as long as this service is available. Using USPS is very cost effective. Thanks for the tip.

Hi All, what is the typical monthly, annual cost for a PO Box?

@Kyle J. I talked to my local post office, the staff said and kinda warned me not use the postal office address followed by the PO box# because they will not accept the mail. I might try to mail to my own PO box to see what happen using the method you suggested.

@Sarann K. , Hi, I just wanted to check if you are using the street addressing with your mail box and how did it work out? I also spoke with my Post Office and they said I can use the street address but most put PO Box followed by the #.

Thanks for any update !

I like being able to access my box after hours, which in my case means a UPS Store box. However, P.O. is going to be cheaper and some I believe have a 24 hour area for box access if needed.

PMB is 24-7 and if the documents, rents are not received the manager will advise you. It is a legal deliverable address.  You do not want the hassle of opening a door finding out two tenants are fighting over something.......  Get a private life.

I do not have my llc yet and will be wholesaling. Do I use my name or the name of what my business will be for the return address. Is that legal?