Wholesaling multi-unit properties

3 Replies

Anyone out their that have wholesaled multifamily properties before? Would like to know how do you determine your wholesale fee say on a 50+Unit? When doing smaller units like 12 or less I would usually  add $100-$200 a door so would you suggest applying the same equation to a larger size amount of doors?

The best answer to this that I've heard was taking a fee based on the CoCR.  If you are producing high returns, investors generally won't squabble at the fee.  Just my $.02.

If the current market value of the building is, say a 7 cap, and you tied it up at an 8 cap leave a little meat on the bone for your buyer so he gets a good deal.

It's the same as saying if you tied a house up for $70k that was worth $90k (as-is) - how much should my assignment fee be?

Adding a price/door only works if you have room in your assignment price to still attract a buyer with your mark up.

And by the way, the answer to "how much" is always: as much as the market will bare.

I agree with above.  The two options: 1) assign the deal when you have it under contract.  2) Close with private money or perhaps transactional funding.  Under option 2 your profit spread is not disclosed.  Therefore back to the key point is it still a smoking good deal for the end buyer?

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.