I got a call/text back on a mailing, what should i say?

4 Replies

i actually got a call back from a (small) mailing i sent out. After a few phone messages back & forth they are txting me asking what my offer is. I want to reply back that i have to find out more about the property first before i can make an offer. I was thinking about saying i have to but it as an investment & the #'s have to make sense for me, but not mention specifically that im an investor. I am going to make sure i try not to waste their time or mine, if we are far apart & will put them on another follow up mailing list & try to leave 

cont... Leave on a good note & go seperate ways (maybe try to drop a plug if they come across any other sellers i offer a finders fee too)

Without seeing the condition of the property my starting offer would be $X after I look at it and see what needs to be done it will either go up or down but I'm good giving you $X as a starting point.

good advice. & i remember from one of the podcasts i should be a bit embarassed by my first offer

Most of all, be a human being. I've noticed that lots of wholesalers (not so much on Biggerpockets) have this tendency to ask questions like they are filling out a survey. People can't connect to a robot, they want to feel cared about and that they can trust you to do what you say you can do. 

People always sell/buy from people they trust. If you don't believe me, ask your friend for a recommendation on a movie or something like that, how likely are you to see it compared to some stranger on the street?

You are there to offer them a solution to their problem, while making a good living for yourself in the process.

Integrity, integrity, integrity.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here