• Raleigh, NC
Votes |
All in one Printer Recommendations [Inkjet vs Laser]

Eric F.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Posted Nov 23 2014, 07:36

Hi everyone

I am still using a wired Canon inkjet printer I was given a couple of years ago and it is about to give up the ghost. I am in the market for a new printer and I figured the upcoming sales might have a great one. I was looking through past BP posts and saw the  HP8600 mentioned a few times. I was thinking about getting a laser one but I did not see many people mention them.

I figure to printer between 500-1000 pages a month. I would like to be able to print invitation and regular envelopes as well. For large mailing campaigns I have outsourced, but sometimes I just want to mail like 75 letters and that should be done by me. I have hand written them in the past but it is no fun obviously.  If the printer could print on smaller paper than normal (like those small notepads you put lists on) that would be awesome, but I am not sure any cheaper printer can do this.

At least half of my printing will not be mailers, rather just basic documents and things like that, on normal paper, I'd like duplex to save pages as well.

The printers I saw were:

HP 8600 All in One Inkjet, looks to be about $130 (this one was mentioned in a couple of old threads)

Brother Inkjet All in One MFC-J4510DW $99

Canon imageCLASS MF8280Cw [Color Laser] $250 - Also looks massive

Loading replies...