Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Logan Allec
  • Accountant
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Yellow Letters: Is this lady serious? "One does not write in red ink. It shows extremely poor etiquette."

Logan Allec
  • Accountant
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Jan 9 2015, 11:46

Below is a text message I received in response to a yellow letter I sent out this week.  She called me yesterday and left a voicemail, and then I received this text this morning.  Has anyone seen something like this before?  Is this some kind of screening or test sellers use to see how serious I am?  Why go through the trouble of leaving a voicemail and sending such a lengthy text the following day?

I'm going to call her back anyway since if she's truly not interested, a 30-second phone call won't cost me anything.

Names and addresses have been changed.

To: Mr. Logan Allec. I am the daughter of John Thomas Smith. I am the trustee and beneficiary of his living trust. My father passed away over 5 years ago. I have no intention of selling the property at 123 W. 6th Street in Los Angeles. If my father was alive, he would have taken offense to your letter. My father was born and raised in England. One does not write in red ink. It shows extremely poor etiquette. As I was raised to speak and write in Oxford English, I too find your letter offensive. It also [is] a painful reminder that such a fantastic individual no longer walks this earth. If you want to succeed, I would suggest that you run a quick query on landowners and discontinue writing such letters. There is no need for any further contact. The End.

Loading replies...