Can anyone tell me what kind of contract do i need to wholesale houses in Indiana? Please...

3 Replies

I'm looking to start my career off as a wholesaler in Indiana but I am very confused on what contract to use. I looked in the "resources" and "fileplace" but there is so many contracts that I don't know which one to use.. Can someone show me the exact one to use for wholesaling and for general purchase.? 


Seems as no one wants to help out when i ask this question before.

Your best bet is to grab a random generic contract from the fileplace, have an attorney in your area look it over, and make changes so you're protected.

You can use any Purchase and Sales Contract (PSA) . The key is that it is Assignable in your state. Generally it just requires a sentence somewhere in the PSA that says it is Assignable.

The simpler the contract the better so as to not confuse the Seller. My PSA is just 1 page long.

You will also need an Assignment of Contract to be able to sell your deal to an investor buyer.

When I was just getting started I went straight to a highly recommended closing attorney in my area (Halperin & Lyman), sat down with the closing specialist, and said "when I close my next wholesale deal I want to use you, what do I need in my contract to double close/assign it?" she gave me 3 must haves.

I searched for days trying to find what the best contract to use might be, with a simple phone call and short meeting,  got all the answers I needed. Don't waste time trying to find the perfect contract, when someone is willing to give it to you.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here