Yellow Letter "Return to Sender"

8 Replies

I've been sending out hand written yellow letters from my driving for dollars and just had my first few come back.  Two reasons:  "Return to sender vacant unable to forward" and"Return to sender not deliverable as addressed unable to forward"  

I mail to both the mailing address and the physical address.  My question is there somewhere I can find an updated address or are these dead leads besides leaving a door hanger?

@Adrian Smude did you have any success with this?

@Michael Quarles Hi Michael.  YellowLetters customer here.  I'm wondering when we skip trace are we suppose to skip trace the property address or the name on the mailing address?

@Ben G. I actually met an investor that will partner on these. I pass him the return mailer, he skip traces and if he's able to make a deal he splits it 50/50

I find the return to sender letters to be the best leads!  The mailperson writes VAC on letter

It tells me the property is vacant

I love vacant properties

I then research the previous homeowner anyway I can - google obituaries, family members, spokeo, whitepages.

Finding out what is going on with the property gets me a few steps ahead of other investors.

@Adrian Smude that's a pretty neat deal.  I'd like a local partner to work my returned mail leads.  They're piling up!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here