*****average deals*****

2 Replies

on an average whole sale deal , what should I aim for my profit to be ?

whatever you want it to be but I would shoot for about 4,000 or more

That is purely up to you and your negotiation skills. I know some wholesalers who are happy making 2-3k on a deal. If you're working nicer areas you should be able to do better. When I was focused solely on wholesaling I've made as much as 20k on a deal and as little as 3.5k. My average was over 8k. If you are working with 100k+ homes this is doable. If you are working with 35k homes in C class areas it is not. 

Really I just try to leave meat on the bones for the next guy. If you give someone a respectable return they will come back to you. Too many people get greedy and burn their ability to build long term partnerships. Which should be your goal... Here's why... 

I got a call from a seller asking if we would give him 45k for a home. I made one phone call (to someone who had bought several properties from me) and we had it sold (assigned) for a profit of 10k. Had I screwed them over on the first few deals that wouldn't have happened. Be conservative in your ARV estimates. Be a little liberal in your repair cost estimates. Everyone is sick of wholesalers over promising and under delivering.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here