Numbers Game ( Marketing )

8 Replies

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering what marketing strategy works well for you.

Yellow letters, Post cards, Bandit signs, Probate and so forth. 

How many and how often?

target marketing with postcards has the highest rate of return... and more deals.

none of your marketing will work unless you are targeting the kind of property you want to buy.

if you want to do wholesale flips, then you need to make sure there is plenty of equity in the property.  Sending postcards to a whole neighborhood will do you no good.  You need to send to old deed dates and preferrable properties that you know need work... like code violations.

but before you do any of that, you really need to build your buyers list first.  Ask buyers where they want to buy, then focus your marketing efforts on those areas only.

Thanks a lot for the advice @JackieLange,

I have a buyers list of about 20 cash buyers, and you're 100% right about mailing out postcards to random properties. I've learned my lesson with this the hard way being that I've threw away well over $1,000 in under a week. I found that probate properties were the most effective and promising way to get valuable leads, but its very difficult to mail out to people in a very large scale because you're hand writing down leads from the court house.

If you don't mind me asking Jackie, where would I be able to find these code violation properties? It makes a lot of sense because obviously these properties are in some form of distress if they cant meet their city requirements.

Yellow letters. The more the better.

@Neil J.

You don't want to send out only one type of marketing. Mix up your mail pieces between text postcards, yellow letters, zip letters, professional letters, greeting cards and full color postcards. Each piece appeals to different people.

Stay consistent, you want to plan on hitting your list a minimum of 6 times. Mail no sooner than every 3 weeks and no later than every 6 weeks. 

How many depends on your budget. $1000/month marketing budget will allow you to send out about 1400 pieces of mail per month with the cluster marketing i mentioned above.

Originally posted by @Cody Alexander :

@Neil J.

You don't want to send out only one type of marketing. Mix up your mail pieces between text postcards, yellow letters, zip letters, professional letters, greeting cards and full color postcards. Each piece appeals to different people.

Stay consistent, you want to plan on hitting your list a minimum of 6 times. Mail no sooner than every 3 weeks and no later than every 6 weeks. 

How many depends on your budget. $1000/month marketing budget will allow you to send out about 1400 pieces of mail per month with the cluster marketing i mentioned above.

Awesome advice Cody!!

In order of productivity, based upon lead quality & cost per lead, across over 50 markets in the U.S.:

1) AdWords (Google Search) - depends a lot on the keywords you use...
2) Direct Mail - mix it up like Cody says, & only mail to people with equity!!
3) Outdoor - from bandit signs, to billboards, to complete car wraps...
4) TV spots

Originally posted by @Dev Horn :

In order of productivity, based upon lead quality & cost per lead, across over 50 markets in the U.S.:

1) AdWords (Google Search) - depends a lot on the keywords you use...
2) Direct Mail - mix it up like Cody says, & only mail to people with equity!!
3) Outdoor - from bandit signs, to billboards, to complete car wraps...
4) TV spots

Hello Dev,

Thanks a lot for your input, I have a fear of bandit signs lol I've placed around 150 bandit signs in a targeted area and with 24 hours received a lot of calls, but all was of properties with almost no equity. Furthermore, nearly 90% of my signs were removed within 48 hours. I know this form of marketing is effective, but I'm guessing I probably didn't perform it correctly which cost me a lot of time and some money.

@Neil J. Bandit signs are a code violation in a lot of cities so they typically get pulled down and tossed in the trash pretty quick. Since the city employees are off on weekends, some people put their signs up on Friday evenings and take them down Sunday evening.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here