Best Place to Find Short Sales

4 Replies

Aiming to do about 2,400 mailers a week. With data pulled from multiple sources. But I want a way to get Short Sales w/o the MLS.. Since I do not have access to it!

I would call around to the local real estate offices in your market and find out which agent(s) are doing the most short sales and tell that agent that you're a buyer looking for deals and ask them to send any new listings your way as soon as they get them. I have had a LOT of success doing this very thing.

Zach Evanish

Originally posted by @Michael Hamilton :

Aiming to do about 2,400 mailers a week. With data pulled from multiple sources. But I want a way to get Short Sales w/o the MLS.. Since I do not have access to it!

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, could you clarify? Finding short sale prospects isn't tough....you use a reverse equity list. But the short sale process itself requires the property be listed I believe. The bank generally won't agree to the reduction without an opportunity to find out what the market will bear.

Well I use to be a buyer for a firm and I wasn't sure how my prospects came to be. I just got a list and started putting homes under contract... I am new to using ways to build my own list. Thanks for the info. 

I have started emailing a lot of the agents I have worked with in the pass and they all seem to be very willing to do so. Thanks for the advice Zach.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.