• Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Owner financing on an assignment

Brent Hill
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Posted Mar 17 2017, 06:02

I have a seller that agreed to owner financing on a property.  I want to assign the contract to a contractor/investor that has already looked at the house and wants to buy it with the terms I have negotiated plus the assignment fee.

Do I just have the seller and buyer setup the note between themeselves and have my buyer sign the assignment contract?  I could have my buyer create a wrap around with me and I could collect the difference but that almost seems too complicated.

Also, have you every collected part of your assigment fee up front and then the remainder in installments?  I was going to collect 5K up front at closing and then the other 5K in two payments.

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Casey Mericle
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Springfield, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Springfield, MO
Replied Mar 17 2017, 08:40

Brent,

You could do a wrap with the terms you have there. You could do an option from yourself to the buyer and assign the contract to the contractor. You could buy in a new entity (trust or LLC) and sell the entity. You could close twice A>B then B>C. That's the great thing about real estate, there's a million ways to skin the cat.

Regardless you can put in those terms in all of these scenarios if you are writing the contract.  If you aren't then you'll have to you'll have to work off of documents by default instead of documents by design.  Which one would you rather have?

User Stats

Votes
Brent Hill
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Mar 22 2017, 19:51

so a wrap is what I was thinking...here is the scenario

Purchase price:  130,000

Down Pmt:  $7150 (covers their back taxes)

Terms:  122,850 at 5% amortized for 30 yrs with 5 year balloon

Terms to my buyer:  $148,000 , 20% down, 2 pts, 8% interest on a wrap

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes