• New to Real Estate
  • Denton, TX
Votes |
Starting the Wholesaling

Albert Mainja
  • New to Real Estate
  • Denton, TX
Posted Jun 25 2017, 02:11

Hello friends and family, I live in the Dallas/FW metroplex, i'm new to RE investing and i find wholesaling very appealing, i am looking to possibly get connected to some wholesalers in the area, pick their brains and learn a few tricks to the trade. If you are looking to mentor a motivated, passionate & dedicated newbie please tag yourself or someone whom you know that might be interested.

thank you,

Albert 

User Stats

Votes
Charlie MacPherson
  • China, ME
Votes |
  • China, ME
Replied Jun 25 2017, 02:44

If you want to learn how to do it right, listen to the recent podcast with Brent Snodgrass - I think it was #231.

The most commonly discussed method of getting a property under contract and then assigning the contract runs into two serious legal issues:

1. Getting a property under contract is "fraud in the inducement". http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=78...

2. Marketing a property that you don't own requires a real estate license in every state I know of.

My advice is to listen to that episode and do it right.

User Stats

Votes
Albert Mainja
  • New to Real Estate
  • Denton, TX
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Denton, TX
Replied Jun 26 2017, 09:39

Thanks @Charlie MacPherson for your advice, i will listen to that podcast and go from there, i definitely want to do everything the right way but i know that experience is the best teacher. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes