How to Connect with Wholesalers??

6 Replies

Jumping into Real Estate Investing (gotta start one day, right?) and all of the properties that I am interested in are always under contract.  The realtors that are out there, just send partial responses and NEVER follow up to even say "what else are you looking for?".  This is frustrating being a former realtor and I always pride myself on building my database with leads. I would like to start working with wholesalers to possibly get a jump on homes that will not hit the market. I looked on Craigslist, but nothing. I am in the Northen NJ area. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I appreciate all comments.

Hey Latisha! 

As a wholesaler myself I pride myself on my ability to get properties as quickly as possible especially off market deals. If you are ever in the Philly area I am always around to talk real estate!

Originally posted by @Latisha Haynes :

Jumping into Real Estate Investing (gotta start one day, right?) and all of the properties that I am interested in are always under contract.  The realtors that are out there, just send partial responses and NEVER follow up to even say "what else are you looking for?".  This is frustrating being a former realtor and I always pride myself on building my database with leads. I would like to start working with wholesalers to possibly get a jump on homes that will not hit the market. I looked on Craigslist, but nothing. I am in the Northen NJ area. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I appreciate all comments.

Have you seen any bandit signs? We have tons of them around here. I always take down the numbers. I've also found some in CraigsList. And I get cards in the mail because I own several properties and they are always trying to get me to sell.

You can also use Google. Just type in "Sell my house fast __________" with the name of your town or city or even state. 

@Shawn Clark thank you for your rapid response and a great start off point!

You can also join local real estate and wholesaling groups on Facebook. Someone just asked about cash buyers in a group I’m in. You can do the same for wholesalers. Or search the old posts.

Have you joined your local REIA? That's a great place to make contacts.

Hello @Latisha Haynes ,

We are wholesalers of many types of properties, and I absolutely agree that many realtors out there can be less than helpful when it comes to getting information needed for our business model, let alone finding properties before they are listed.

We are direct mail acquisition machines. We pull assessor data (we have a direct link) of the type of properties in the areas we want and send ALL the property owners an offer.

We scrub the list to remove things like: properties with a mortgage, duplicates, etc. and spend a tremendous amount of time on pricing, because although these offers may be a lot less than retail, they are not out of the question. We explain in our offer letter to sellers that we are serious investors, we are not agents/brokers, we pay cash, and are prepared to close in as soon as x days. Then we sit back and wait for the motivated sellers to call us. You can of course edit this model to fit how exactly you plan on purchasing and what specific property type you are looking for.

Believe me - it works like a charm. That is how we GET THERE FIRST. By the time a deal reaches the MLS, someone else has already beat you to it. Also, knocking on doors (aka "driving for dollars") is the an outdated way of doing this and honestly isn't worth your time. We now have DATA and computers and direct mail. The data source really is the answer you're looking for.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any additional questions - I would love to help!

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.