Subject to Finance Wholesalers in RIchmond VA?

2 Replies

Good afternoon BP!  

I primarily deal in finding SUB to deals in Richmond VA. The start of the year has brought an influx of wholesalers. This would still require me to bring 20% to the deal for financing. Would it be too picky to advise wholesalers that I am primarily looking for sub-to properties? Are there any wholesalers that work these types of deals in the area?

Hi @Jairus King , if that's what you're looking for, then keep pursuing subject-to deals. When contacting wholesalers, I would try a different approach. Tell them that if they get leads where they find there is "not enough meat on the bones" for a wholesale deal, that you like them to forward you the lead so you can analyze and that you will pay them for any referred lead that turns into a deal.

I have seen some wholesalers in RVA who offer subject-to "deals". But the first question I ask myself is why would they sell it for just a $2,000 - $5,000 fee if it's that great of a deal to begin with.  That's why I would recommend the aforementioned approach OR you can start marketing for your own deals of that kind.

Thanks @ Daniel Harnsberger,

That was kind of the thought I had. However I do feel bad in getting approached by wholesalers looking to build their list, knowing that most likely I wouldn't be interested in what they have to offer. I was just wondering if there was a way to make it work... Likely not.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.