Outsourcing cold calling

12 Replies

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a third party cold calling company/service. I have access to 3000 homeowners and their properties with their phone numbers. It would take me several months to go through all of them. I’ve met some companies that could go through 500 numbers in an 8 hour shift. The agents of these services would just sell initially and then set appointments with me. Anyone have suggestions of companies they’ve succeeded with?

@Adam Hollandsworth The best advice I can give you is for you to do some of the cold calling yourself to start with. You can give better direction to the people you are hiring if you have actually done the task yourself. The people you are going to have make the calls for you will need dorection on what to say, what questions to ask, what kind of info you want about the property etc.

I have 3 VAs that make cold calls for me and I found that because I had started doing my own cold calling I was able to train them and advise them properly on how I wanted them to handle specific scenarios. Example: when a potential seller insists on being given the price you would pay for their home over the phone.

This is all my opinion of course, some people are happy to blindly outsource and get mediocre results. All I can do is tell you what has worked for me.

Once you are ready to hire there will be a lot of trial and error to find good people. When you find those that are a good fit keep them!

How do you differentiate between "cold calling" and "illegal telemarketing"? Do any of you ever check the Do Not Call registry before calling/texting?

@Adam Hollandsworth

@Chad Deberry

Hey you guys. I personally outsource our cold calling for $20 an hour to a company out of puerto rico. They are american callers who have moved down there. They are already trained and ready to go. I believe it was a 2 month commitment up front but it is $20 an hour for 20 hours a week which equals about 2000-2400 dials

Send me a message and i can give you the companies info!

We’ve gotten 4 deals since November

If you are going to outsource cold-calling you need to pay attention to the DNC list and make sure your database is run through there as there are going to be crackdowns on this even more coming soon. You also need to, as @Lydia T. said, train your callers based on your own experience with this list. When you are having VAs call sellers, their most common statement is "I want to talk to the investor." Sometimes the first call is all you get so until you understand what you are dealing with on the other end of that phone, with this list, you can't coach them to do the best calls for you.

@Jonathan Greene

@Carter Crowley

@Adam Hollandsworth

@Chad Deberry

Jonathan is right.  Be sure your company follows guidelines so you don't run into any trouble.  Having your own Va's seemed like a lot of oversight for me.  So far I just check a weekly report from my provider and it's been a real time saver. 

I've heard of that company Carter.  I almost went with them until I found another that includes seller lead lists for me and the dialer, tools etc. Been with them for about a year and it's worked great. I've been averaging 2 wholesales and a flip per month since.  My friend that originally told me about that company in COsta Rica ended up changing to the company I found.  Basically it's about the same cost but includes everything needed so I didn't have to pay extra for a dialer, lists etc.  Pretty cool all in one, they've definitely won our business.  They also say they'll call my lead lists for no additional charge but I've yet to give them anymore than the 10K they include.  

@Lydia T.

This was great advice. Always good to start doing something yourself first to work out the kinks.

Would love to have a conversation with you about your experiences and business. Please feel free to reach out to me and schedule a call. Best of luck in all your endeavors.