LLC before wholesale?

3 Replies

Yes you should always do business as an LLC and not personal. You also need to look into liability insurance as well. Wholesaling is under much scrutiny these days so you need to make sure you know the laws in your state and do everything the right way.

Originally posted by @Greg Dickerson:

Yes you should always do business as an LLC and not personal. You also need to look into liability insurance as well. Wholesaling is under much scrutiny these days so you need to make sure you know the laws in your state and do everything the right way.

Thanks so much for the advice! I intend to do it the right way 100% of the time!

Promotion
BiggerPockets
The one-stop-shop for REI
Find Local Home Improvement Pros!
Check out our network of trusted, local contractors for all of your home improvement projects.
Find a Contractor

@Spencer William Quesenberry there are many pros and cons. It is not a simple question. My attitude is YES. If I am going to be in business I an=m going to run it like a real business.

However you need to understand that you are always responsible for your own actions. Since as a wholesaler you are the one doing the work, you will be liable as well as your LLC. The LLC may not provide as much protection as you might think.