Cold Calling on Sundays?

6 Replies

What’s everyone’s thoughts on cold calling people on Sundays? I’m a wholesaler focused on Texas, FYI, a mostly Latino market. I mean distress/urgency to sell doesn’t take days off, right?

In Texas it might, give it a try and track your results but, if you look at listings they fall off a much steeper cliff on Sundays in the bible belt than they do in CA.

If you do end up calling wait until the afternoon, people generally don't appreciate early calls especially on weekends and it could interrupt religious obligations. 

So annoying people on weekdays isn't enough? Cant tell you how many cold calls I get from stupid wholesalers who found my name on some list of out of state landlords. I used to ask them simple questions like are you the actual buyer and are you willing to pay true FMV for the property? You may as well have quoted the devil to Jehovah Witnesses! Now I just don't answer unknown numbers. Find a better way to reach your target market.

@Bryant Brislin ,

As @Mark Durham stated, always be respectful and courteous. 

You're looking for people you can actually help, not people who have houses you just want to buy at a discount.  If they're in need, a Sunday call may be very welcome.  If they're not, you're going to annoy them whenever you call.

If you speak to someone like @Anish Tolia , who's not in any form of distress or looking to sell quickly, and especially who's an active investor, they are going to ask questions like are you the actual buyer and will you pay full market value.  This isn't someone you can help.  When it's clear the person isn't someone you can help, move on.