[ Strategy Help ] My First Deal Is Done ! Now What ?

8 Replies

What's up BP Family. Finally got my first wholesale deal done. It took me a whole year to get it. But i'm glad to get over this hump lol. This came in from a direct mail campaign I was sending to vacant leads. I haven't sent out mail in a while. I started cold calling because it seems to be the most effective. I have 500$ to spend. Im stuck trying to figure out which kind of leads I want to go after. 

If anybody has any advice. I would greatly appreciate. 

THanks. 

@Gardy Saturne I wouldn't put that $500 towards direct mail, on average it's going to take quite a bit more than that to get your next deal. If I only had $500 to work with, I'd be driving for dollars and spending the money on skip-tracing the owners. That money will go a really long way and you'll be able to get some very good leads. Pro-tip, drive for dollars on trash days so you can truly see what properties are vacant/abandoned and which ones are just neglected. 

Congratulations on the first deal! Now that you know it works, start snowballing! 

Originally posted by @Braden C. :

@Gardy Saturne I wouldn't put that $500 towards direct mail, on average it's going to take quite a bit more than that to get your next deal. If I only had $500 to work with, I'd be driving for dollars and spending the money on skip-tracing the owners. That money will go a really long way and you'll be able to get some very good leads. Pro-tip, drive for dollars on trash days so you can truly see what properties are vacant/abandoned and which ones are just neglected. 

Congratulations on the first deal! Now that you know it works, start snowballing! 

Thanks for the advice man. Definitely will look in that. 

@Gardy Saturne Congrats on your first deal! Dont lose your momentum! If you only have $500 to spend on marketing definitely dont blow it all on direct mail. Instead do some driving for dollars and look for distressed or vacant properties and do some cold calling. Also try calling properties that are currently listed for rent and are vacant. Under capitalized landlords or landlords without sufficient contingency funds are probably going to be more willing to entertain an offer to sell at this time.

@Gardy Saturne Great job on the first deal. You could invest in Propstream, Propelio D4$ app, and an Investor Carrot site for a total of ~$225 which will save you a lot of time and generate some leads through SEO (via Investor Carrot Site). And you'll still have money left over in your budget. Maybe you are using some or all of them but if you want to find out anymore info feel free to DM me. 

Originally posted by @Michael Imbriglio:

@Gardy Saturne Great job on the first deal. You could invest in Propstream, Propelio D4$ app, and an Investor Carrot site for a total of ~$225 which will save you a lot of time and generate some leads through SEO (via Investor Carrot Site). And you'll still have money left over in your budget. Maybe you are using some or all of them but if you want to find out anymore info feel free to DM me. 

Hi Michael. I am on propstream and investor carrot. Will shoot you a message so we can connect. 

Originally posted by @Lydia T. :

@Gardy Saturne Congrats on your first deal! Dont lose your momentum! If you only have $500 to spend on marketing definitely dont blow it all on direct mail. Instead do some driving for dollars and look for distressed or vacant properties and do some cold calling. Also try calling properties that are currently listed for rent and are vacant. Under capitalized landlords or landlords without sufficient contingency funds are probably going to be more willing to entertain an offer to sell at this time.

Hi Lydia, 

Thanks for the response. I have been considering D4$ for distressed/vacant houses. How often do you do it ? How many properties do you try to add each week ? 

@Gardy Saturne I drive for dollars all the time! Also I recruit mailmen (I guess mailpersons is the PC term?) to help me find vacant properties as well. I give them a business card, explain exactly what Im looking for (vacant houses with no realtor signs or lockboxes) and offer them $1,000 for every house that I buy.