• New to Real Estate
  • NJ (new jersey)
Votes |
Systems to use for wholesaling

Jonathan Rivera
  • New to Real Estate
  • NJ (new jersey)
Posted Jul 5 2020, 09:19

What are some systems do you guys recommend for starting out in wholesaling?

Where to pull list?

Systems for marketing?

Anything helps thank you..

User Stats

Votes
Mike Barone
  • Investor
  • Davie, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Davie, FL
Replied Jul 5 2020, 11:42

I am new to the wholesaler community as well and have not closed a deal yet but do have a few in pipeline I am following up with. So in no way am I a expert I am only giving you my opinion and what I experienced so far in my journey. 

Using propstream lists I have found to be heavily targeted. I am not saying I have not gotten a few people interested from those lists but I do hear you are the 50th person that has contacted me quite often.

I am going to try list source next but the price is way higher so I don't know if it is worth the additional cost.

Driving for dollars I have gained the most traction and have gotten a better overall responce. If these result continue I will probably just go all in with this method until I get my first assignment closed.

Good luck on your journey in wholesaling💪

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Dadlani
  • Investor
  • New York City, NY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • New York City, NY
Replied Jul 5 2020, 16:05

I believe driving for dollars and direct mail offer the best return on investment as a wholesaler. Don’t forget to keep building your buyers list simultaneously as you need cash buyers to make any wholesaling business successful.  Best of luck in all your endeavors.   

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Marcus Maloney
  • Wholesaler
  • Queen Creek, AZ
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Queen Creek, AZ
Replied Jul 5 2020, 17:37

Jonathan,

There is really no secret to pulling list all data sources ie...prop stream, listsource, propellio, rebogateway and all other data providers pull the data from county records so you will run into the situation where sellers have been marketed to before. I've been doing this for nearly 10 years and pulled list from every source named above and it's not the list but your ability to follow up consistently and negotiate. I will say with the list you need to stack for example absentee owners that live out of state that is vacant. The more niche specific the smaller the list, the smaller the response rate but higher the close rate once and seller motivation.

There are numerous marketing forms ie. driving for dollars, direct mail, text messaging, cold calling, and door knocking to name a few these marketing strategies are dependinging upon what best fits your budget and market demands.

If you need more info let me know.