When wholesaling townhomes?

1 Reply

Always compare apples to apples when it comes to running comps on a property and finding the ARV. 

But keep in mind, you're dealing with a property type that's somewhat different than a single-family. And let's say worst-case scenario you also had insufficient comps for that area. 

The first thing I'd do is find as much information on the market and townhomes that have been recently sold, rented, listed, or listings have expired, etc. 

Secondly, I'd find out the specifics on the property you're working with such as if there's an HOA fee. This could make a significant factor in your buyer's decision on whether or not to buy your deal.

If there are no HOA fees it may be a good thing; although it would also be a great idea to find out with title if the property has a Covenant or Joint Maintenance Agreement. This could make it easier for your buyer to know what responsibilities they'd be taking on with it.

Lastly, I'd talk with an experienced broker/agent who could give you an accurate BPO or CMA on the townhome.

Now with all of the information you've gathered from the townhome, you'd be able to find out if the property is attractive enough as a hold or flip to sell at whichever price point you wanted to sell it at.