• Prescott, AZ
Votes |
Recommendations for Wholesale Coach

Alexander Halenka
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Prescott, AZ
Posted Nov 22 2020, 11:35

Hey everyone,

This is my first post on the bigger pockets forum.

I am looking for some recommendations on solid coaching for wholesaling.

I am currently a full-time realtor and investor here in Arizona. I have great resources, a decent size network, solid reputation in my community, and a ton of passion for my work. Looking for someone who is willing to guide me to achieving my next set of goals.

I have done a ton of reading and talking with other wholesalers. I am ready to make the jump into this new venture.

Any recommendations appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
Jerryll Noorden#2 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Votes |
Jerryll Noorden#2 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Replied Nov 22 2020, 12:01

You do not need a wholesaling coach.

Here is why.

Wholesaling is easy.

Get a contract at discounted price and sell that contract.

It is THAT simple. The only thing you need to do is read up on the legalities, like you can't advertise a house to the public.

The difficulty with "wholesaling" is finding motivated seller leads. But that is not a "wholesaling " problem. This is a REI problem.

So recap.

You do not need a wholesaling coach. You need a lead generation coach. If you get the leads cheap and in abundance, you can wholesale effortlessly.

The other reason you do not need a wholesaling coach, is because the only time you do need a wholesaling coach is when you need to learn how to lie and be deceitful to sellers and how to get away with it.

THEN yes, get a coach.

If you do wholesaling the right way,  all it takes is tell the seller the complete truth, that you have no intention of buying the house and you will wholesale it, not only don't you need a coach... just tell the trust?!!) you also get 70+% of the contracts signed.

It is as simple as that.

Lastly.. do not try to find a couch when you have done no serious attempt to figure it out.

If you just open the door to REI and immediately go asking for a coach it is absolutely pointless.

You need to have given it some serious effort so THAT you can legitimately decide if you need/want one, and also to evaluate whether or not that coach is any good.

Most people will pick a coach based on popularity and the loudest barkers, instead of their lead generation skills.

ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING REI boils down to Lead Generation...

Period!

And SERIOUSLY... go find any coach and ask them.. what is your escape clause. and how do you handle getting the contract signed...

IF they tell you anything other than telling the sellers the truth about your intentions, they are telling you to be dishonest! If they are OK with being dishonest, why would you think they will be honest with you? And do you REALLY REALLY want to be a creepy dishonest prick taking advantage of homeowners?

No right?

Forget coaches (unless of course they are honest... and goodluck with that)!