Releasing Property Addresses to Potential Buyer

Releasing Property Addresses to Potential Buyer

Wholesaler · Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2008 · 471 posts · 98 votes

I've need some advice on when or if you should release the addresses to potential buyers before you have the properties under contract for wholesale assignment deals.

I am working on a 5 rental property deal that has some good potential and I am talking with a local buyer who has a good reputation and has been very active in my market for years.

I just sent him the generic info on the property including zip codes, rental payments, estimated value, mortgage pay offs and work needed but I did not send him the specific addresses. He just emailed me back asking for the addresses.

I think I can trust him but I don't have the properties under contract so I don't any protection expect his credibility that he won't go around me.

Feedback/suggestions/comments are very welcomed!

Thanks in Advance!

Gene Hacker

Top Subjects:
Team and Real Estate Finance

0votesNo votes yet

Gene Hacker Investor and Home Inspector from Lake Isabella, CA

replied 20 minutes ago

Why don't you have a contract? IMO your goal should be to get it locked up with a contract before marketing it to potential buyers. Without a contract you don't have any real protection. Get it locked up.

0Reply
14 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Curt DavisBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Memphis, TN · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    You should have these homes under contract so that it won't matter what info you provide to prospective buyers.

    Good luck

    Curt Davis - KAIZEN Realty538 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.