Votes
Jason Reinstead
  • Sycamore, IL
Votes |
Public adjuster unlawful practice?

Jason Reinstead
  • Sycamore, IL
Posted Oct 28 2016, 11:41

I made a mistake of being presented by a guy who said he was a public adjuster.  He was going door to door.  Well he spoke with us awhile and like a half fool I signed a contract electronically with him, with his adjusting company.  I didn't think much of it, he seemed like a nice guy.  They stated they would waive their commission fee if I hired their sister construction company.  Well, needless, to say, things started not adding up, they became pushy, the fed us promises and lies from the beginning.  I exercised my right to my own general contractor and they were not delighted about that.  Communication slowed, they wouldn't call me back, etc.  They appeared to not be in my best interest but the company's.  

I also found out that they uploaded a signature of a licensed adjuster on the contract but I have never seen, met, spoke to or heard of him, nor is there any records of him handling our claim.  Can't even find really any info on him.  I don't even know if he exists with the company.  

Everything of the contract I guess is good, but I found out that the person who presented me a contract, handling my claim for 2-3 months, and the gentleman at the home inspection for the claim were not licensed in the state of Illinois.

I want to terminate the contract.  Do I have grounds to do so?

Loading replies...