Looking to network with investors in Kissimee Florida.

Looking to network with investors in Kissimee Florida.

Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2020 · 20 posts · 7 votes

Out of state investor looking to network with investors familiar with the Kissimee Florida market.

2Reply
36 views

Most Popular Reply

Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
5y

Go to NETWORK at the top of your screen and you can search for other investors and investment groups in your area. You can also check meetup.com or search facebook for real estate investment groups, clubs, or meetings.

The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    5y

    Go to NETWORK at the top of your screen and you can search for other investors and investment groups in your area. You can also check meetup.com or search facebook for real estate investment groups, clubs, or meetings.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Hey Chris!

    Why did you choose Kissimmee? I am living here again and I'm just curious what made you decide on here... it has a pretty good market for both rentals and flips... but it's a competitive market right now. What are you interested in doing exactly? Let me know how I can be of service. 

    Best wishes, 

    Gaby

  • Lender · Tampa, FL · Member since 2020 · 202 posts · 116 votes
    5y

    @Chris Diaz welcome neighbor!  I live in Tampa FL.  I work all over the state, so I am happy to help just like @Gaby Abreu.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2020 · 20 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Nathan G. Thank you!

  • Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2020 · 20 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Gaby Abreu

    @Gaby Abreu

    Hello Gaby!

    Thank you for reaching out! I came across the Kissimee market when I was scrolling through comments on a YouTube video researching what markets to look deeper into. After just looking at some properties, I noticed some properties exceed the 1% rule by a lot which peaked my interest even more. Properties selling for $60,0000 and renting for $1,500 (too good to be true?). I’m still doing more research into the market in terms of growth.

    I would really appreciate your opinion on which areas you think are good investments for long term holds, and which areas to avoid. What are some things to look out for being an out of state investor. Any factors that could greatly affect cashflow. I’m looking to buy and hold for passive income as well as slowly build some equity.

    I’d love to hear some personal or non personal investing experiences in this market. Experiences with property managers, realtors, wholesalers, and contractors.

    I appreciate you reaching out again! If there’s anyway I can help you, I’d love to return the favor.

    Thanks!

    Chris

  • Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2020 · 20 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Edwin Epperson

    @Edwin Epperson

    Hey Edwin!

    I really appreciate you reaching out! I haven’t don’t much research on the market in Tampa Bay, but I’m definitely not opposed to learning more about it. The reason I chose Kissimee is because I’m assuming the properties are cheaper.

    I'm looking for buy and hold rental properties. I don't have much personal capital to invest, which is why I was so interested in Kissimee assuming its a cheaper market. I found some properties on the MLS in Kissimee that were around $60,0000 and renting for around $1,500. In terms of cashflow and the 1% rule, that sounds like an amazing deal. I know that's just part of the picture, so I'd like your input. Are there more any large expenses I should be concerned about? Can you share some markets that either you, or someone you know, is having success in? And which markets to avoid. What are some major headaches and conflicts investors in the area face.

    I thank you for reaching out again! If there’s anyway I can help you and accomplish your goals, I’d love to return the favor.

    Thank you!

    Chris

  • Lender · Tampa, FL · Member since 2020 · 202 posts · 116 votes
    5y

    @Chris Diaz If your finding $60,000 deals in Kissimmee, just beware the neighborhood that those properties are in.  Also when you say you don't have much capital, if your an OOS investor then it is even more highly recommended that you reach out to a local property manager to inquire about the area your looking into and how they manage their properties.  I have several capital investors from CA that tried to invest in rentals in Jacksonville, because the prices were like what you described... they almost lost their shirt because the area was rampant with crime.  Had their condenser stolen three times, (twice during renovation, and once AFTER a tenant moved in LOL), windows broken through the renovation and appliances stolen.  And at the end of the day while they were in a neighborhood that showed avg rentals within .5 mile radius their house was only two blocks on the wrong side of a major highway... and rents on THAT side were about $300 less.  Needless to say they firesold that property to a local investor barely able to cover their expenses.  Now they just invest with me, haha.  But to each his own and pain is an excellent teacher.

    Dont mean to throw shade on your plans just do a much better job of due diligence, and listen to the local experts, your not smarter than they are, and they know their market.  Best wishes

  • Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2020 · 20 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Edwin Epperson

    Thank you for your input! I definitely plan on reaching out to property managers to get more information on neighborhoods I plan on investing in before making any offers. Being an OOS investor I definitely understand the importance in the input of locals and property managers in the area thank you.

    You mentioned that investors invest with you now after those horrific experiences you shared with me. What services do you provide?

  • Real Estate Agent · Member since 2018 · 39 posts · 23 votes
    5y

    What @Edwin Epperson said.

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Chris Diaz Sorry for the delayed response. I was traveling in NC. So, yes our friends above are correct about being careful and completing your due diligence. A $60k home near Orlando is going to be your lower C and Class D neighborhoods, it's hard to collect rent... not something I would recommend getting into unless you don't mind that kind of problem... but not entirely impossible, maybe through auction or wholesalers. Still very unlikely though. So yes, please be careful. I literally live in Kissimmee and know most of these areas well. Feel free to send me something you want me to look at and I can prob tell you more about the area. IF I am round the area I can send vids or pics on occasion. But Don't get discouraged. I think your investment amount or expectation should be increased for a more accurate outcome. Let me know if I can be of service. I need to remain diligent on this platform, I forget to have to log on sometimes. lol!

    Hope this has helped and reached you in time. Good luck!

    Gaby

  • Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2020 · 20 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Gaby Abreu

    Thank you so much for you’re insight! Definitely very helpful! I’ll keep doing more research. Thank you again!

  • Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2020 · 20 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Ruben Correa

    Thank you Ruben! I’m continuing to do more research being out of state. I’ll reach out when I get things moving. I appreciate your help!

  • Investor · Kissimmee, FL · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    The answers or responses you got from the others are very true.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.