Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas Stevenson
  • New to Real Estate
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
I am 17 years old, I have 28,000 in cash, What do I do?

Nicholas Stevenson
  • New to Real Estate
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted Oct 16 2022, 16:57

Hello, my name is Nicholas,

Ive been interested in real estate investing for a while now, I've been wanting to become a real estate agent since I was 15. I graduated High school a year early, so I can focus more on reading books and learning about real estate investing. Im getting close to being 18 now in the spring, and I have saved up 28,000 in total, I worked a local fast food for 8 months and recently quit. As well as some other business ventures, I am currently unemployed, trying to get a job in a real estate type of environment so I can gain some more experience. As well as have a good work history for the banks. I don't know if thats possible because I am only 17, but the question I have is what I should do with the money I currently have.

Do I use it to get a duplex or a quadplex? (Using FHA)

Do the BRRRR Method on a property and recycle?

Ive thought about going into wholesaling recently, and I know there are other opportunities out there to do with real estate investing, but I don't know what the best course of action is. the market is kind of in a weird state right now, and I'm thinking about waiting 12-18 months before buying anything. Im still new to the game so I don't have experience under my belt. Any advice like what you would do in my situation would be greatly appreciated, Im just a kid looking to learn and do well in the real estate investing world.

P.S. If you know any jobs I can get started with in real estate as a 17 year old that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks!

-Nicholas

Loading replies...