User Stats

Votes
Evan Bunce
Votes |
New to Real Estate Investing

Evan Bunce
Posted Jan 23 2023, 07:04

Hi Everyone,

I am new to bigger pockets and real estate investing. I reside in Scottsdale, AZ with a goal to purchase my first rental property. I currently work a 9-5 but looking to take control of my own time and work my way to financial freedom. I'd like to reach out to anyone else in the valley connect and network with other like minded people. 

Cheers to 2023. 

User Stats

Votes
Melanie Johnston
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Jan 23 2023, 08:24

Hi @Evan Bunce and welcome to BiggerPockets!

You are lucky to reside (like me) where the main local group for real estate investors meets every month. The Arizona Real Estate Investor Association holds its main meeting in the Scottsdale Airpark. Here's a link to their next meeting: https://azreia.org/event/azrei...

It's a great place to start. February's meeting features Tracy Royce, an active local flipper. Her Instagram handle is @royceofrealestate if you want to learn more about her.

They have sub-groups as well. Plus you get to meet people and learn about other groups you might enjoy.

Best of luck in your future investing!

Melanie

Realty ONE Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
Sean Bozigian
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Jan 23 2023, 10:54

@Evan Bunce Hey Evan and welcome! You're definitely in the right place - BP is a gold mine of valuable info and connections. 

Best of luck on your journey!

Zaback Group Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Evan Bunce
Votes |
Replied Jan 23 2023, 18:40
Quote from @Melanie Johnston:

Hi @Evan Bunce and welcome to BiggerPockets!

You are lucky to reside (like me) where the main local group for real estate investors meets every month. The Arizona Real Estate Investor Association holds its main meeting in the Scottsdale Airpark. Here's a link to their next meeting: https://azreia.org/event/azrei...

It's a great place to start. February's meeting features Tracy Royce, an active local flipper. Her Instagram handle is @royceofrealestate if you want to learn more about her.

They have sub-groups as well. Plus you get to meet people and learn about other groups you might enjoy.

Best of luck in your future investing!

Melanie

Hi Melanie, 

Unfortunately, I am out of town for the February dates so I will have to reschedule my first time to March. I will look into the website and see what I can learn.

Thanks for sharing,

Evan

User Stats

Votes
Melanie Johnston
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Jan 23 2023, 19:20

@Evan Bunce there is an AZREIA podcast that might be helpful in the meantime.

Maybe we'll cross paths one day!

Melanie

Realty ONE Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
Evan Bunce
Votes |
Replied Jan 24 2023, 07:13

@Melanie Johnston found the podcast on Youtube.

Thanks for sharing!

User Stats

Votes
Chad McMahan
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Sedona, AZ
Votes |
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Sedona, AZ
Replied Jan 24 2023, 07:38
Quote from @Evan Bunce:

Hi Everyone,

I am new to bigger pockets and real estate investing. I reside in Scottsdale, AZ with a goal to purchase my first rental property. I currently work a 9-5 but looking to take control of my own time and work my way to financial freedom. I'd like to reach out to anyone else in the valley connect and network with other like minded people. 

Cheers to 2023. 

Evan,
welcome to BP!
Warning- beware real estate investing. For most of us it quickly progresses from interest -> passion -> obsession. 
It's going to be an amazing year to buy!
Realty One Group Mountain Desert Logo

User Stats

Votes
Jordyn Scholer
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Phoenix AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Phoenix AZ
Replied Jan 31 2023, 11:23

Hey Evan, getting started in investing is exciting. I'd love to chat and network more about investing in Arizona. What kind of rental property are you wanting to begin with? Are you looking to invest in a property ready to go or a fixer upper for fun? 

User Stats

Votes
Evan Bunce
Votes |
Replied Jan 31 2023, 19:14

@Jordyn Scholer RIght now something that is ready to go. I'm not very knowledgeable with fixer uppers yet.